Joe Rogan's 80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would say the 3000 labor hours is pretty legit. I have about 1000 hours into my 80. To step it up to the level TLC built Joe Rogan's I would have to double or triple the hours. Especially when your trying to integrate modifications smoothly. I dont have that kind of dedication to the 80 series. But I'm happy with what a 1000 hours resulted in. Rogan makes so much money, 400k is chump change for him. I'm surprised he picked the 80 series as a suv. Wonder what pointed him in that direction.

Reactions: RFB
I would say the 3000 labor hours is pretty legit. I have about 1000 hours into my 80. To step it up to the level TLC built Joe Rogan's I would have to double or triple the hours. Especially when your trying to integrate modifications smoothly. I dont have that kind of dedication to the 80 series. But I'm happy with what a 1000 hours resulted in. Rogan makes so much money, 400k is chump change for him. I'm surprised he picked the 80 series as a suv. Wonder what pointed him in that direction.
I have a slight idea what made him do it.

If anything, this brings the value of our trucks up and makes all kinds of more guys want one . I’m not mad at it. And maybe someone is willing to pay 20-30k for a Clean built 80, instead of a couple 100 grand just to be like joe Rogan? I can already imagine when it’s time to sell my 80. “...... this is basically exactly like Joe Rogan’s 80 for a fraction of the cost. I am a purist, so I left the in-line 6 in, way more reliable”. lol

Last edited:
Who is Joe Rogan? I live on a mountain bike and drive an old BMW that has a cassette player, don't follow anything current haha

This forum, duh.

Who is Joe Rogan? I live on a mountain bike and drive an old BMW that has a cassette player, don't follow anything current haha
Joseph James Rogan is an American stand-up comedian, mixed martial arts color commentator, podcast host, and former actor and television host.

His podcasts are excellent. You should go watch this, without any context, in it’s full entirety, asap. o_O

well no, because...

*brings mike closer*

when Icon builds a FJ80 they replace or refurbish EVERYTHING. It takes YEARS. Its a completely different vehicle when they're done. I was reading this article about how DMT can actually advance your thinking and make it easier for you to accomplish tasks like this because your pineal gland...jamie, can you get that article up...no, the other one. Yeah, the pineal gland actually makes your cells rejuvenate faster...here we go. Is it even an FJ80 when you're done, or is it a different car? Its entirely possible that its a COMPLETELY different car.

*looks over at screen*

look at that...yeah, that chimp must be what? 400 pounds? Jesus, those things will tear you to shreds.
This is SO perfect. :lol:

I have a slight idea what made him do it.
Yeah, he enjoys the outdoors and camping/hunting and getting away. It might also be that he digs being in nature while smoking weed or eating mushrooms. :) In any case. pretty cool. I had a brief DM conversation with him on Instagram about the truck just as it was getting finished up. He was legitimately pumped to get it back from TLC. He had been following my feed for a while which was a bit of a shock to me but it made sense when I heard about this build. I'm sure he was following several different 80 related feeds.
The guy seems to be a real "gearhead" at heart. He's probably so busy that he rarely does any of his own work on his cars and he can afford to spend what he wants for others to work on them. But anybody with that kind of interest and appreciation for cars is ok in my book.

That is pretty good, and if I had the Fewe money I would probably have some of those things done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom