It's 2017, are there any front bumpers left for the 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All I'm finding available is the Slee short bus, ARB Bull Bar or some look-a-like variant and ugly (functional only) tube bumpers. Is that it? I've never learned to weld so build your own kit bumpers like what NWTI produces won't work. Any suggestions?

All I'm finding available is the Slee short bus, ARB Bull Bar or some look-a-like variant and ugly (functional only) tube bumpers. Is that it? I've never learned to weld so build your own kit bumpers like what NWTI produces won't work. Any suggestions?

He sells them welded too, they look alright, 4x4 Labs are nice

Check out Bump it Off-road. Mike is a great guy and has a couple 80 options.

I think trail tailor makes one too, lots of more options now vs. 10 years ago......

@reevesci

That's what I'm looking for is options, but I've run into a bunch of dead ends. Trail-Tailor just emailed me back saying that he has a couple left.

The 4x4Labs bumper is a great looking design but it covers the front turn signal light on the 80 and since I volunteer for the local Sheriff 4x4 SAR unit, I'm sure our Captain would give me grief over having that bumper on my rig on the road.

Yes he should :confused:
Add NWTI on Instagram as he runs Discounts occasionally:
File Apr 13, 6 28 41 AM.png

IMG_0581.JPG
Costa Fabrication @RDC76 builds a pretty sweet 80 series front...
I'm running Costa Fab front and could not be happier. Was working out in Boston last year and was able to go out and meet Rich at his shop and check out his work. Super talented Guy with a eye for detail.

The 4x4Labs bumper is a great looking design but it covers the front turn signal light on the 80 and since I volunteer for the local Sheriff 4x4 SAR unit, I'm sure our Captain would give me grief over having that bumper on my rig on the road.

Some guys have wired the lights in the corners to work as blinkers. Some have added led blinkers to the leading edge of the tube to basically replace the function of the ones in the valance.

Ironman 4x4, TJM, and Dobinson are all making bumpers and are available in the US as well

Slee, ARB, Trail Tailor, Costa Fab, TJM, BIOR, 4x4 labs ..... wtf, is anybody making bumpers for the 80 series anymore !!!

Trail Tailor and Costa Fab don't show up on a simple google search of FJ80 or 80 Series Land Cruiser front bumper, just found them as a result of this thread here. ARB, TJM, Dobinson, Ironman are all the same bumper under a different manufacture name, like I said in my initial post ARB knock offs, ohh except the lower end TJM non-bull bar bumpers that look like a high school welding shop designed and put together.

I'm leaning currently toward Costa or Trail-Tailor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom