Is anybody still interested in a center console? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha, if your shifter console fits a fridge center console, MOST LIKELY, ours will fit without issue.
The auto console I sent you had a fridge console behind it -FYI

Pretty sweet rig stopped by the shop yesterday, allowing us to test fit the RHD auto shifter console, see below. A couple very minor tweaks and we'll be making a production order.

Edit: WITH FRIDGE NO LESS, so that puts that business to rest.

20200102_133518.jpg
20200102_133549.jpg
20200102_133603.jpg

20200102_133511.jpg

Last edited:
The little fuse panel mount has been finalized. These mount in many spots on the inside or outside of the center console (could be used elsewhere too, but that’s up to you, just need 3x6 or 6x6 pattern of mounting holes). One mount works with three different sizes of Blue Sea fuse panel, 6 fuse, 12 fuse, and the longer 2 sets of 6 (most often used for 6 ignition hot and 6 constant hot) units.

The long skinny slots on the sides are for zip tying wires, the larger one in the lower portion are for wire pass-throughs as needed.

DBDD33F7-6EFB-4C52-AE21-CD6F8AEBDC91.jpeg
7B4586A2-0A72-4784-AC7C-0B13C6609B76.jpeg
5565277B-38FC-4472-8C6A-238D288B7EAE.jpeg
ED271228-20F4-4D28-A208-810DF22DE6D0.jpeg

The little fuse panel mount has been finalized. These mount in many spots on the inside or outside of the center console (could be used elsewhere too, but that’s up to you, just need 3x6 or 6x6 pattern of mounting holes). One mount works with three different sizes of Blue Sea fuse panel, 6 fuse, 12 fuse, and the longer 2 sets of 6 (most often used for 6 ignition hot and 6 constant hot) units.

The long skinny slots on the sides are for zip tying wires, the larger one in the lower portion are for wire pass-throughs as needed.

View attachment 2173088View attachment 2173089View attachment 2173090View attachment 2173091

It would be nice if someone set up a fender mount panel like this. I think having a solution to mount a fuse box and breaker under the hood would sell well.

B367E681-A146-4A91-8D0A-9A44189507B0.jpeg

Love it, any thoughts on how to pass all this wire through the console now that its a complete enclosure?

Love it, any thoughts on how to pass all this wire through the console now that its a complete enclosure?
We are starting to put two 3/4” holes in the bottom

Awesome! Can you provide a picture of where? I’m going to start running wire next weekend so I’ll have to drill these out before hand.
You can see in this pic (looking down into it, top of pic is towards front of vehicle) the approximate place the production holes are moving forward.

IMG_0312.jpg

You can see in this pic (looking down into it, top of pic is towards front of vehicle) the approximate place the production holes are moving forward.

That’s great, thanks! Is there clearance to put a second hole under (with perspective to the picture) each of those two production holes?

My truck is in the shop for a rebuild otherwise I’d check myself, trying to prewire the console so I can drop it all in at once. Hoping to run 2x 4 awg, 4x 14 awg, 14x 16 awg, 2x Cat5e, and 2x antenna cables all out of the console. I’ve got it all bundled together in a few harnesses so I don’t think I should have any issues though from the looks of it. :grinpimp:

That’s great, thanks! Is there clearance to put a second hole under (with perspective to the picture) each of those two production holes?

My truck is in the shop for a rebuild otherwise I’d check myself, trying to prewire the console so I can drop it all in at once. Hoping to run 2x 4 awg, 4x 14 awg, 14x 16 awg, 2x Cat5e, and 2x antenna cables all out of the console. I’ve got it all bundled together in a few harnesses so I don’t think I should have any issues though from the looks of it. :grinpimp:
Should be, yes. Might need more than 2 for that much stuff though?

Should be, yes. Might need more than 2 for that much stuff though?

Yeah, I’m really hoping to fit it all through four but may need an fifth.

The harnesses are bound pretty tight and there will be disconnects for all them that will sit under the shifter console if I ever need to remove the center console so itll help that I don’t have to worry about pulling connectors through the holes ever.

I am a bit concerned about the two antenna cables though, really want to move my HAM and GMRS into the console if I can...

Edit - Just ran some tests and it looks like I can do it with three 1” holes, or three 3/4” and a 1” (for the antenna cables).

Last edited:
Re RHD, most 80's in Australia are manual gearbox configuration so that needs to be taken into account with a RHD version. My 80 has the older-style dash design also but I don't think that has any bearing on fitment of consoles as I have a standard Toyota factory centre console currently.

It would be nice if someone set up a fender mount panel like this. I think having a solution to mount a fuse box and breaker under the hood would sell well.

View attachment 2173137
I need something like that but on the other side. Its too close to the Wits End Turbo in that spot I think. Worried it'll melt wires

Re RHD, most 80's in Australia are manual gearbox configuration so that needs to be taken into account with a RHD version. My 80 has the older-style dash design also but I don't think that has any bearing on fitment of consoles as I have a standard Toyota factory centre console currently.
Yup, manual RHD is almost done too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom