Builds Introducing Oliver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pictures help.

ForumRunner_20140225_181736.jpg

ForumRunner_20140225_181736.jpg

Man this this is sure coming together nice! I really like how you did those front fenders. I wish you were a little closer. I think we could have some fun. Keep it up.:beer::beer:

Finished the sliders (still need kickouts, but that's happening with the cage) and started on the front bumper. I found that my runva winch (or any planetary style winch) will not fit unless I raise the winch plate quite a ways above the frame rails. So I'm now on the search for an 8274.

Figured since I already have a winch I may as well use it. Finished the winch platform today along with the shackle mounts. Also finished the DS spring hanger and hung one spring.

ForumRunner_20140307_193351.jpg

ForumRunner_20140307_193409.jpg

ForumRunner_20140307_193351.jpg

ForumRunner_20140307_193409.jpg

Yeah might have been if you include lockers if you found a good deal on e-locked axles. But you would of had to mess with new knuckles, machining them, getting high steer arms to clear the leaves, etc.

...via IH8MUD app

Almost had the springs hung and the axle started but I ran out of welding gas as I was finishing the PS spring hanger. I hope to have the front axle on the springs tomorrow and maybe even have the axle perches burned in. I'm not looking forward to the notching of the axle housing for the perch, but has to be done for the low profile mounts.
Also, I wanted to give a huge thanks to Cody Rusow and RockTactics for the help that's been given on this build. Much appreciated!:beer::beer:

Sitting on its own weight. Cut and turn later in the week and I'll start putting things together.
I measured the front for travel (just droop, nothing like real articulation) and I believe this thing will have some mad flex. Once I get it able to drive onto a trailer I'll take it down to Metaltech and flex it with the forklift.

ForumRunner_20140310_232110.jpg

ForumRunner_20140310_232110.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom