Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi my name is Ed my wife is Marie I own the mostly stock red 71 FJ40. Marie's is the green jacked up v8 5 speed 71. Daily driven mostly.
20210811_121056.jpg

This one someone else built I just bought it like this not running and have been working on figuring out what 57 varieties went into the build. It's a daily driver now after replacing the entire fuel system but I still don't know what all the switches and knobs do lol.
Wow, yeah, there are a lot of switches, knobs, gauges…
I can’t imagine an FJ40 needing a fraction of all that.
Good luck digging into that. Take your time enjoy what you’ve got.
Nice looking rigs and Welcome to IH8MUD!

It looks like the Green Rig is running a Dakota Digital….so why all of the analog gages across tha top of the dash?

Do any of the switches in the roof console lower the landing gear? Or maybe blow the forward ballast tank?….Last question, where is the ‘Flux Capacitor’ located?

If you flip the bezel the other way, you too can fit in with the old guys in 40 series trucks

heheh

It's got some cool stuff actually. There's a compressor for the front ARB air locker. Another compressor for the air horn. Another compressor for the air shocks. There's an A/C Compressor that's been turned into an onboard air for filling up the front bumper which is an air tank to run air tools I guess. It's got lights under the rig big round expensive looking underwater lights. More switches for the electric fan in case the engine driven one isn't enough. And oh yea all them gauges. Why trust one volt meter when you can have 4. Ironically that digital gauge doesn't work it unless "ERR" is a good thing. You can't see them but there's at least a dozen air pressure gauges and regulators hidden throughout. For being so insanely over tinkered they skimped on a sharpie or a label maker to indicate what does what. But all those switches can't fix the recurring problem I'm having with it shearing the full floater rear axle to hub bolts. I've been studying the threads on it that's what led me here actually I'll post about it if I can't get it sorted out.

Ok, so here's my 2 cents:
1. I wouldn't want the connector bars between front and rear roll bar cages sooooo close to my head, especially when my head is bobbing from side to side in off road terrain. Those connectors should be out in the radius.
2. I wouldn't want those high back bucket seats, especially when I have to back down off a steep hill side strewn with trees and boulders. I need to be able to see everything that's behind my vehicle.
3. Your call if you want to keep the other 500-600 lbs. of stuff on that rig that I would toss.

Ok, so here's my 2 cents:
1. I wouldn't want the connector bars between front and rear roll bar cages sooooo close to my head, especially when my head is bobbing from side to side in off road terrain. Those connectors should be out in the radius.
2. I wouldn't want those high back bucket seats, especially when I have to back down off a steep hill side strewn with trees and boulders. I need to be able to see everything that's behind my vehicle.
3. Your call if you want to keep the other 500-600 lbs. of stuff on that rig that I would toss.
The ignition key is a PIA to operate because of the roll bar too. I'm pretty tempted to clean it all up.

Great trucks and story. That green one needs 'cruiser surgery to remove, well, many things. Enjoy the journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom