Interior panel ideas. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like to see some pictures.
I just started with tracing the shape of the old panels with some card board and got my waxed canvas in the mail. But here are some pictures from the FIT garage Instagram which is where I got my inspo from
C808E4E1-E8A8-47A6-BDA2-E491A5F04FBE.png
74EBF079-1ACF-4C5C-8E9B-DE5B62ED8F42.png
41BBFDFB-5D2E-4A34-9100-13618B6AB7C3.png

@NeverGiveUpYota , it was @Comet ... His turned out awesome! And Buster is living a good life, you prepped him well!

I made new ones for mine using the OEM as a template. They fit and work great but they are still bare hardboard.... Plan was to put the old interior back over them but life got in the way! I just need some short staples and time to do it!

Is @Comet still on mud? His section on his remake of those would be great to add here.

yup. That was me. @Ian Crawford has a beautiful truck already. Buster Brown, man i miss that truck. Buddies tell me that the guy who bought it is tearing around Instagram with it. I can’t look him up, it hurts too bad.
Do you still have your build thread and photos of how you remade those panels?

I appreciate all the ideas coming in. Cutting new cards from masonite seems like a missed opportunity. I hate how it absorbs moisture and deforms.

Aluminum is not the warm comfy feel I'm looking for on the doors. I'd love to do it on the cargo area panels but it's prohibitively expensive.

I am leaning towards ABS. It seems versatile and easy to work with. I'm looking into possibly covering it with boat decking material. It doesn't absorb moister, durable, and somewhat soft to absorb bumps from shifting cargo without holding dust/pet hair like carpets.
I'm still open to ideas. I'm considering building a box for storage in the rear quarters too. So I might do those cards in 3/8" plywood. I may also cut access into the tailgate, not sure yet.

I appreciate all the ideas coming in. Cutting new cards from masonite seems like a missed opportunity. I hate how it absorbs moisture and deforms.

Aluminum is not the warm comfy feel I'm looking for on the doors. I'd love to do it on the cargo area panels but it's prohibitively expensive.

I am leaning towards ABS. It seems versatile and easy to work with. I'm looking into possibly covering it with boat decking material. It doesn't absorb moister, durable, and somewhat soft to absorb bumps from shifting cargo without holding dust/pet hair like carpets.
I'm still open to ideas. I'm considering building a box for storage in the rear quarters too. So I might do those cards in 3/8" plywood. I may also cut access into the tailgate, not sure yet.
How about coroplast board? Then attach the vinyl like Comet did?

@NeverGiveUpYota I believe if you turn your phone sideways, my signature will show up. Click on Buster Browns link. PAGE 8. @Ian Crawford he did have great bones to prep for his journey. Still cant look him up.

Last edited:
The rear quarter panels, tailgate, and door panels on Grace have seen better days. I leaning towards grey stained 3/8 plywood for the rear quarters and tailgate. I'm at a loss for fastening them and looking for ideas. The old panels are shot. The vinyl, old carpet isn't worth salvaging and could use an upgrade. I'm thinking 6x9 speakers and some storage, some USB and 12 v sockets too. It's used for camping, but also a daily and general utility work. Carpet in the tailgate seems out of place as it's a work bench and a kitchen counter.
I just wanna hear what you all have done or what you think might work better. Not gonna do drawers, plan on sleeping back there but usually hauling dogs, gear, groceries, or home maintenance items.
this is what we did. mine came with ugly painted wood ones so we made our own
out of sheet metal.
E7844B7A-A43B-41B1-9497-040CD2897DB6.jpeg

C4EAA5CD-7990-48FA-8724-92EC639C77F0.jpeg

HDPE is pretty stable and easy to mill if you have a cnc router. Reverse print acrylic would be nice. Then you can add whatever faux finish or graphic you want. Unfortunately my laser isn't large enough to do the tailgate or cargo sides but I may be able to do the door cards.

Here's one I did in burled walnut to the house some usb chargers on a tuffy console in my daily.

image0 (14).jpeg

I really want a drop in set of panels. Either HDPE or Aluminum. I looked at the Aussie door cards but they shipping kills it.

I found these on eBay, its affordable compared to the other options.

I really want a drop in set of panels. Either HDPE or Aluminum. I looked at the Aussie door cards but they shipping kills it.

I found these on eBay, its affordable compared to the other options.

The eBay seller is on mud.

I just messaged him. I'll see what is possible. Ive not had cargo panels on the truck for a while and its getting irritating.

@ukaviator

New panels from TEQ Fab coming soon!
Thanks dude!
Been working on these for a few months. I haven’t mentioned them on this forum yet, but working on a prototype as we speak for replacements set a of side panels with storage at a fair price.
Details to follow soon ...

59286411-27A2-44ED-A116-09267C4353A8.png

I had made some panels for my old 60 using some 1/8 hardboard that I cut out then covered with brown vinyl from a fabric store. I installed rivnuts in place of the clips and used Phillips head screws with trim washers to hold them on. They were sturdy enough for a set of 6x9 speakers. I could only find one not very good photo with the old platform.

20151116_225731.jpg

Currently test fitting some DIY panels out of ABS. So far so good.

A6EFEFD2-BDD5-49CD-8985-1AE39B1CD2D2.jpeg

If it helps, I created DXF files of the rear cargo panels and tailgate panel. Anyone with access to a CNC machine should be able to use the files to cut new panels, or modify them to your needs. As with anything for free, use at your own risk, but they worked well for me. But please use them for yourself. If you're planning to make money with them, please create your own files.

Let me know if you want them, just DM me your email address.

Is there any way I can get a copy of these dxfs?

I'd love to mess around with my laser and my CNC plasma cutter to make some custom panels.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom