Builds Ikarus' LX470 Offroad Build and BS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kpHMQKd.jpg

Unfortunately broke the front trim piece, but it looks like it's only $100 for a new one. This one was super brittle

I feel your pain...cracked both before I was shown how to remove them. If it’s cold warm them up with a heat gun and shot a little WD-40 on the two connection points and most importantly is to get your clip removeal tool right around the connector.
The only issue with the new filler strips is you’ll have to paint them. I picked up two today and was hoping they were pre-painted but no, just primed.

24D83F33-9408-4442-BC7F-A9D047C20DE9.jpeg

03F9DDF8-80AE-4102-8DD1-ACF6CB10C401.jpeg

I feel your pain...cracked both before I was shown how to remove them. If it’s cold warm them up with a heat gun and shot a little WD-40 on the two connection points and most importantly is to get your clip removeal tool right around the connector.
The only issue with the new filler strips is you’ll have to paint them. I picked up two today and was hoping they were pre-painted but no, just primed.

View attachment 1574947

View attachment 1574948

Good to know, thanks! Yeah I was being careful and the first one came off easy but the second just snapped with the smallest pressure. I'm going to paint it myself and then have a friend clear coat it. My clear coat skills are no good

Haha just kidding. This is some truck from the local craigslist. Looks like a 200 series bumper? Kinda weird
Either that or off a 5th gen runner or something lol, very weird.

Haha just kidding. This is some truck from the local craigslist. Looks like a 200 series bumper? Kinda weird

Yeah, that doesn't look safe at all

u7NOQBj.jpg

Worked on the bumper today
ExjqeF5.jpg

i3abYyi.jpg

This is an 03-07 ARB Deluxe bar. The only thing that doesn't work with an 01 LX is these light mounts on the top hoop.
wpVYpEn.jpg

So I ground em off and painted them. I could have done a better job with more time but I got it smoothed out, and it's really not noticeable.
BVS6gkA.jpg

TdhEa4A.jpg

Chopped off the bottom of the frame mounts, per the instructions. I touched everything up with some paint to avoid rust
lycq6Sz.jpg

TqrhGkn.jpg

crnLI4W.jpg

And mounted the bumper. It's only ~100 lbs so I did it by myself. Haven't installed a winch yet which helps...
geL101T.jpg

This is the closest the grille gets to the front bar as you close it. Plenty of room with the tabs cut off
oh1fFqF.jpg

Still need to mount the turn signals and wrap things up tomorrow. The rake is pretty bad now. I'll crank up the t bars a little and see what I can do. I'll mount a winch and lights sometime soon, but for now I just wanted to get rid of my old bumpers as they were just falling apart

You made quick work of that and doing it solo makes me appreciate it even more. Looks awesome.

I was considering adding the same bumper to my wife's LX and I was going to move the bumper signal lights to the corner lights (like the 100). I purchased clear corners (eBay) and the socket was too big for the LX parking light and realized it was for the 100 signal. So for about $52 you can have the oem bulb plug and play and also wire into the ARB signal.

EDIT: you could probably source some 100 OEM corner signals from some of the guys up here who have installed the one piece depot headlights

Just a thought.

Sorry for the blurry pic

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks awesome! I was worried the ARB would be too blocky looking next to the LX headlights, but it just works.

I think it looks good without the rubber / trim pieces installed up front, although they are functional.

What are your plans for those?

You made quick work of that and doing it solo makes me appreciate it even more. Looks awesome.

I was considering adding the same bumper to my wife's LX and I was going to move the bumper signal lights to the corner lights (like the 100). I purchased clear corners (eBay) and the socket was too big for the LX parking light and realized it was for the 100 signal. So for about $52 you can have the oem bulb plug and play and also wire into the ARB signal.

EDIT: you could probably source some 100 OEM corner signals from some of the guys up here who have installed the one piece depot headlights

Just a thought.

Sorry for the blurry pic

View attachment 1575709

I'll be attaching the rubber pieces, but I agree, looks good without. I'm interested in the corner turn signals - so you're saying you can plug the existing 100 series turn signal and bulb into the LX corner lights?

Looks awesome! I was worried the ARB would be too blocky looking next to the LX headlights, but it just works.

Yeah that's part of why I went with ARB and full hoops. I'm not the biggest fan of the headlights and I think the bumper frames it up just right

I'll be attaching the rubber pieces, but I agree, looks good without. I'm interested in the corner turn signals - so you're saying you can plug the existing 100 series turn signal and bulb into the LX corner lights?

Yeah that's part of why I went with ARB and full hoops. I'm not the biggest fan of the headlights and I think the bumper frames it up just right

I'm saying that with the factory LX signal light bulb you have hanging from your bumper right now can be fitted directly into a 100 series OEM corner signal housing. So all you need is the housing.

To be 100% sure you could reach out to @hoser

If you want to incorporate the ARB signal that's when you have to splice the wire.

The parking light that was there is useless but can be wired into the signal if you'd like. It's the one that flashes to let you know the car locks/unlocks

I'm saying that with the factory LX signal light bulb you have hanging from your bumper right now can be fitted directly into a 100 series OEM corner signal housing. So all you need is the housing.

To be 100% sure you could reach out to @hoser

If you want to incorporate the ARB signal that's when you have to splice the wire.

The parking light that was there is useless but can be wired into the signal if you'd like. It's the one that flashes to let you know the car locks/unlocks

Oh that's awesome, I get it now. Thanks for the heads up. That sounds a lot better than wiring into the ARB turn signals - I think I'm going to go that way for sure. Now I'll just have to wait for the housings to get here.

Finished the bumper installation -
zKfqwfk.jpg

YgzrJnt.jpg

I bought fog lights but left them uninstalled cause I kind of like this look..
FaQ9cTG.jpg

Cranked up my t bars a little too much and had only 1.5" of droop. I did like how it looked though
LJRarA6.jpg

Drove it about a mile, didn't feel too weird but decided to play it safe and cranked it down so I had 2" of droop (22" from hub to fender, sitting on the ground)
HHjsRL7.jpg

I think it'll look even better once I get the Slee rear bumper on there.

Last edited:
My last to do was the turn signals. I don't really like the ARB turn signals, so I decided to make my marker lights the turn signals, like in a 100. I was about to order 100 marker housings when I realized I could DIY it.
XJJ93dc.jpg

On the left is the marker housing and the right is the fog/turn signal housing from the LX bumper. I couldn't find any other write ups but I'm sure someone else has done this. Seemed simple enough so I started cutting.
3Cun4Vg.jpg

I measured and the turn signal and marker housings were almost identical except for the lightbulb mounting points. I cut the turn signal mounting/lock ring out of the fog/turn signal housing and cut off the marker light plug and enlarged the hole.
JUt8vnw.jpg

qSFgOBo.jpg

I filed everything down and cleaned it up a bit - not that it matters since no one will see this. Got the mounting surfaces smooth and bought some plastic epoxy.
6oeMGIM.jpg

2RdJv9n.jpg

LG60Ysv.jpg

A little messy but it's all weather sealed now. The epoxy was set after 20 minutes but I let it cure for 24 hours as it takes a little bit of force to get the O ring and lock to click into place on the turn signal.
ZelAk7w.jpg

Installed new bulbs (amber 7507)
gC0XuYq.jpg

M8vA42v.jpg

Success. The epoxy is very strong once it's cured. And now the turn signal has a solid mount and the O ring is sealed just as it was in the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom