How important are clips on 40 wheels? (1 Viewer)

Clips or no clips

• Clips

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How much do you care if a rig you're looking at has hub clips on the wheels? I've found a good deal on 15" steelies but they're off a pickup I think, so there are no clips for hub caps. Do y'all find them important when looking at buying a rig?

clips are only needed if you are going to install hubcaps
most likely they are Chevy/GM rims

Sounds like he's thinking of selling it?? They could be mini truck wheels too.

Important to me because I want the hubcaps that go with them but I'm not exactly the style police when it come to what another persons truck should look like.

Jusy so happens that I AM a sworn deputy of the style police and to answer your original question, both hubcaps and their clips are a very important part of 40/45/55 ownership. That being said, I have bought a lot of them in past years with spokers, rusty chrome JC Whitney wheels and even raised white outline tires, but the VERY first thing I would do, before any cleaning or mechanical was slap on a set of new 33x9.50 15s on the proper gray wheels with clips. It had to look right when I was working on it. My point is that if it is a solid cruiser in the condition I want, F/2F, not rotten, not cut up and free of diamond plate, I would buy it even if it had no wheels or tires at all. No clips on those MT steel wheels would not alter the sale to a knowledgeble buyer. Best of luck with the sale. Pictures? :)

Mine came with Lincoln hub caps. Jack bored holes in the front for the hubs, "Hub caps keep the mud off so you can get to the lug nuts when up blow a time in a rut". I still have those, but I never use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom