How fast can I put it back on the road..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am definitely sick of painting at this point. One can short on finishing the dash and she's done with paint.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nice, I love the color!

It's coming along nicely!

Nice! Looks good!

Well the 40 is forcing me to learn more about her. Looking for the fuel issue has led me to buying a used 70-74 aisan carb and to tear apart understand the inner workings. Of course my '69 had to have the one aisan that was only made for 6 months and parts seem to be hard to find. The float is cracked and the needle valve is pretty poor looking allowing the carb to flood the engine.

Well I finally took Andy's advice bought and installed a new trollhole carb, seat frames are at the powder coater, new seat covers and foam is waiting at the upholsterer, brake cylinders and horn relay are on their way from Mark in CA, and to top off the week my new plate arrived....this is better than Christmas!
IMG_0079.JPG

I really like my trolehole carb. Did your 69 have a single barrel or a 2 barrel carb? Mine was a single. Makes a great pencil holder.

I really like my trolehole carb. Did your 69 have a single barrel or a 2 barrel carb? Mine was a single. Makes a great pencil holder.
Mine had a double barrel carb but the cost between rebuilding it and buying a trollhole made it a pretty easy decision. Makes a good paper weight too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom