hope get the farthest north for a GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice Kodiak Canvas tent! Looks like an amazing trip. Did you have any wheel balance issues with all of the mud build-up in the rims?

Thanks.

I think the tent goes up for sale after the trip, depending on what else I can find to use.

A friend did after a car wash. I took my wheels off and cleaned them that way so no problems for me.

My only major problem is no A/C, my line vibrates against my bumper and broke the line. In Anchorage so I am hoping to get some help on Monday or so

Back home

D9E3B8A5-7B3D-40DC-836B-EEEF3B398850.jpeg

I don't even wanna know what that gas bill was like!

So the great thing about having others with you if you want to look at this way, my gas bill was spilt 3 ways for most of the trip, so it wasn't that bad.

I couldn't find the thread where people talked about transmission temps, but on this trip in one section of the Dempster Highway where it was muddy for about 3.5 miles and a little up hill, then a good short up hill climb, my trans temp got to 242 deg, and then came back down to around 200 for the rest of the road.
Here is a picture of the road, it doesnt look really bad, I was slinging mud all over the place and the truck was sliding, traction control came on.

37274724_10216232429660360_235671753248997376_n.jpg

Did you drive Top of the World Highway?

Yes, crossed back into the US at Poker Creek, then we visit old Chicken and camped just south of there

Nice photos! Your total mileage was very similar to ours (from Arizona). Looks like the Dempster was a little muddier for you than when we were there. The summer road to Tuk was dry when we went up, the only issue was that we were pushing lots of gravel. We camped overnight at the Point (Furthest north in Tuk, at the Arctic Ocean sign). Rained all morning, changing the road quite a bit for the return trip. Very muddy. Looks like you beat us to the north by a couple weeks! We didn't drive the Dalton, either.

IMG_0014.JPG

Nice photos! Your total mileage was very similar to ours (from Arizona). Looks like the Dempster was a little muddier for you than when we were there. The summer road to Tuk was dry when we went up, the only issue was that we were pushing lots of gravel. We camped overnight at the Point (Furthest north in Tuk, at the Arctic Ocean sign). Rained all morning, changing the road quite a bit for the return trip. Very muddy. Looks like you beat us to the north by a couple weeks! We didn't drive the Dalton, either.

View attachment 1766618

VERY COOL. I wanted to spend the night at the Arctic, but got out voted, thinking next time I will. I plan to go back in 5 years when some friends retire. I also want to do the trans Labador Highway, did some time in Goosebay Labador while in the Air Force and want to go back.

A/C line replaced, new dryer stuff put in and system recharged, total cost about $50 more than what the Anchorage & Seattle dealers want for the one line

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom