HJ75 Complete body restoration (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The newer 78's also have a "patch" on that area, FYI.

Hello,

It is a reinforcement for the pillar. Toyota noted it keeps the pillar's integrity throughout the life of the truck in, as Toyota put it, harsh operating conditions.

They mentioned this detail in a video about the assembly of 70 Series trucks.

It is worth noting that this is still done by hand, just like in this build.

Juan

Seam sealer mask off time.

IMG_0466.jpeg
IMG_0467.jpeg

Sprayed epoxy primer. Took my daughter to Hobby Lobby during my hour dry period. Back at the shop, craft time in the office and paint time in the booth.

IMG_0472.jpeg
IMG_0473.jpeg

Seeing your pictures of the harbor freight sandblaster reminded me of years ago…. Highly recommend moving up to a better pressure pot.. it was a game changer for me. I would say blast five times faster, but use three times more air, so it is a slippery slope…. End up getting a bigger, compressor, bigger airlines, and probably need a dryer now.

Something like this…

However, back to your progress…..
Never met a Kelly that did not do great work!

Seeing your pictures of the harbor freight sandblaster reminded me of years ago…. Highly recommend moving up to a better pressure pot.. it was a game changer for me. I would say blast five times faster, but use three times more air, so it is a slippery slope…. End up getting a bigger, compressor, bigger airlines, and probably need a dryer now.

Something like this…

However, back to your progress…..
Never met a Kelly that did not do great work!
Thanks! I agree and have been waiting to upgrade for a few years but just keep using that pile of junk for some reason. Thanks for the motivation!

beautiful 😍
you're making my truck jealous

Very very nice work!

Wow. Spectacular work Kelly and Spenser.
There is a 13BT in the back of a 60 right now on its way here. Yes, in the back! Get an engine stand ready, we will drive it down soon, but you have to take us mountain biking down there in the desert. We only ride mountains here. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom