For Sale HJ61 Land Cruiser Right-Hand Drive California Registered (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For sale is a 1988 HJ61 Land Cruiser automatic turbo diesel VX 4x4. This is a right hand drive (the steering wheel is on the right side) originally imported from Japan in 2013.

If you're looking for a Land Cruiser, This is the unicorn of land cruisers with the right hand drive and the indestructible 12H-T (diesel with turbo) engine in an automatic transmission with the high roof option. This is arguably the best engine ever built. This engine can go 400,000 miles no problem.
Clean California title and registration (extremely valuable).

Everything on it works as it should. The engine starts perfectly with the compression. Drives great and cruises at 70-80mph. And you can't beat the 20+mpg with the 12H-T diesel with never having to smog it, which is key. And people can't get enough of the right hand drive.
This HJ61 can go anywhere you want to go!

A little about it:
12H-T 4.0 L (3,980cc) inline 6, 12 valve OHV turbocharged direct injection diesel engine.
Bore is 91mm and stroke is 102mm with a compression ratio of 18.6:1. Output is 134hp (100 kW) at 3500rpm with 232 in�ft (315 N�m) of torque at 1,800rpm, on the stock configuration of 7PSI of boost.
290k kilometers (180k miles)
Runs and drives excellent
Very clean interior and exterior (no rust issues)
Factory PTO winch and brush guard (have dog lights for it)
Factory stripes
Original paint
24 volt electric system
New Jenson GPS stereo radio
Power everything
AC blows cold
Sunroof (works perfectly)
Speakers in great shape

Improvements:
The interior has been detailed and shampooed.
Suspension has been worked on with new leaf springs.
New 33" A/T Tires with 16" pro comp rims
Brakes have been redone.
Alignment done.
Engine and turbo checked through with all fluids serviced.

You want a vehicle that is the coolest thing out there, that will run forever, that is built like a tank, then look no further.

This vehicle is extremely rare, not to mention possibly the only one of this model legal in California.

Price is $22,700
Contact me at whosteen@hotmail.com or at (858) 829-8200.
Serious buyers only. Im located in San Diego, California.
No soliciting or spam.
I have photos on request for serious buyers.

IMG_7577.JPG

IMG_7579.JPG

IMG_7583.JPG

IMG_7480.JPG

IMG_7482.JPG

Last edited:
I'll be the first to publicly comment on this nice looking rig. I'm surprised no one else has weighed in considering that the add was posted a couple of weeks ago. Is this vehicle still available?

Big 4 negatives:
RHD
24 volt
23k price tag
Normally I wouldn't reply but since since someone chose to reply with a negative post referring to the sale of my vehicle, well....
First, the mileage on what is arguably one of the best engines ever built is nothing. The price is the going rate if you actually do your homework for something in this condition, let alone a rarity of being California registered. And I'm sure there are some people out there that do have a problem with and aren't coordinated enough like "Landcruiserjunky" to actually drive a RHD vehicle. The real Land Cruiser enthusiasts know what this vehicle is...

Normally I wouldn't reply but since since someone chose to reply with a negative post referring to the sale of my vehicle, well....
First, the mileage on what is arguably one of the best engines ever built is nothing. The price is the going rate if you actually do your homework for something in this condition, let alone a rarity of being California registered. And I'm sure there are some people out there that do have a problem with and aren't coordinated enough like "Landcruiserjunky" to actually drive a RHD vehicle. The real Land Cruiser enthusiasts know what this vehicle is...
yeppers.jpg

Agreed on all fronts. Is it still available?

The ad is nearly 2 years old.

haha I know, but I still ended up calling the owner said he sold it a year ago so post lasted a year before it sold. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Fair enough! Good luck on your search. May want to try land cruisers direct.

For sale is a 1988 HJ61 Land Cruiser automatic turbo diesel VX 4x4. This is a right hand drive (the steering wheel is on the right side) originally imported from Japan in 2013.

If you're looking for a Land Cruiser, This is the unicorn of land cruisers with the right hand drive and the indestructible 12H-T (diesel with turbo) engine in an automatic transmission with the high roof option. This is arguably the best engine ever built. This engine can go 400,000 miles no problem.
Clean California title and registration (extremely valuable).

Everything on it works as it should. The engine starts perfectly with the compression. Drives great and cruises at 70-80mph. And you can't beat the 20+mpg with the 12H-T diesel with never having to smog it, which is key. And people can't get enough of the right hand drive.
This HJ61 can go anywhere you want to go!

A little about it:
12H-T 4.0 L (3,980cc) inline 6, 12 valve OHV turbocharged direct injection diesel engine.
Bore is 91mm and stroke is 102mm with a compression ratio of 18.6:1. Output is 134hp (100 kW) at 3500rpm with 232 in�ft (315 N�m) of torque at 1,800rpm, on the stock configuration of 7PSI of boost.
290k kilometers (180k miles)
Runs and drives excellent
Very clean interior and exterior (no rust issues)
Factory PTO winch and brush guard (have dog lights for it)
Factory stripes
Original paint
24 volt electric system
New Jenson GPS stereo radio
Power everything
AC blows cold
Sunroof (works perfectly)
Speakers in great shape

Improvements:
The interior has been detailed and shampooed.
Suspension has been worked on with new leaf springs.
New 33" A/T Tires with 16" pro comp rims
Brakes have been redone.
Alignment done.
Engine and turbo checked through with all fluids serviced.

You want a vehicle that is the coolest thing out there, that will run forever, that is built like a tank, then look no further.

This vehicle is extremely rare, not to mention possibly the only one of this model legal in California.

Price is $22,700
Contact me at whosteen@hotmail.com or at (858) 829-8200.
Serious buyers only. Im located in San Diego, California.
No soliciting or spam.
I have photos on request for serious buyers.

View attachment 1715333

View attachment 1715334

View attachment 1715335

View attachment 1715341

View attachment 1715342
This was sold two months after posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom