HELP!! I can't get my crankshaft pulley nut off! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I remember correctly the later model fj40's didn't have the lock washer.

It didn't look like there had ever been one installed on it, and there's no shank on the crankshaft for the washer to sit on, it's just all threads for the nut. I could be wrong though, I'm new to the 2F motor and 40 series Toyotas.

there's no shank on the crankshaft for the washer to sit on, it's just all threads for the nut.

The locking washer would not touch the crankshaft, just the pulley/balancer assembly and the nut.

Got it! The heat did the trick!

Now, when I wind up putting all this back together, something tells me I won't find one of those washers to replace the one that's missing.

Is Locktite a preferred alternate method?

I really appreciate all the help and quick responses. Thanks, everyone.

There was another thread on this ...yesterday! The locktabs are featured on my website, PN 030-03.

That style of locknut was designed to have the locktab.

Best

Mark

There was another thread on this ...yesterday! The locktabs are featured on my website, PN 030-03.

Best

Mark

First, my apologies. I searched but didn't find anything. My Boolean Search kung fu is weak.

Second, what is your website. I hate cutting corners, and would prefer to have the proper part installed where they're intended.

Thanks!

Best

Mark

First, my apologies. I searched but didn't find anything. My Boolean Search kung fu is weak.

Second, what is your website. I hate cutting corners, and would prefer to have the proper parts installed where they're intended.

Thanks!

Second, what is your website. I hate cutting corners, and would prefer to have the proper parts installed where they're intended.

Thanks!

Umm, look at the signature line under his post..

@HawkGunner LOL at your "boolean search kung fu is weak" :rofl:

also, post in the local club page- most of us are always up for some local wrenching
TX- Lone Star Land Cruisers - Austin Chapter

Unless, of course, you are in Austin MN and not ATX
Nope, I'm in Austin TX. I Noticed there are a few members here in town. Oddly enough, I actually saw an IH8Mud bumper sticker on an 80 Series here in town, which is what led me to the forum.

I'll hop on the club page and introduce myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom