Haff Hawged (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the seams sealed
IMG_2082.JPG

Even drew beads around the weld nuts
IMG_2083.JPG

Looking toward the drivers door window from the gas pedal
IMG_2084.JPG
passenger side upper firewall and inside of passenger side upper dash corner
IMG_2088.JPG
IMG_2089.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG
IMG_2085.JPG
IMG_2087.JPG

There is a seam shown in these three pics where the inner lower cowel panel meets up with the inner windshield apron and there was no factory sealer there. Granted you'd have to be traveling fast in a sideways gale or be up to your rigs eyebrows in a creek but water used to come in mine.... no more!

oh gosh I hope so...looks like its gunna rain sunday...cripes I'm cuttin it close...I really only want to do this 2 more times...

Roady
IMG_1902.JPG

Rocky
IMG_1956.JPG

Piggy
IMG_2094.JPG
IMG_2097.JPG
IMG_2099.JPG

Awe yeah LIG

IMG_2099.JPG

FUnctionIt!!!! ConSARNIT eye missed a spot!!!! For the love of not gunna cuss gawdagnabbedturkeyfugdinmonkwybrant BUZZARdBREaTH nucklechitlfister.... guck

3m Bondo 550. about 15 bucks a tube at autozone, in my town. it took about 2/3-3/4 tube to do what I've shown. it isn't the self leveling type , so it does well in the verts and underneath...and it does say 3m way down in the small print.:meh:. I used Rustoleum canvas white originally, and will do for the floor and kicks and rest of the interior. I plan to do the dash and under dash in a grey-ish.(maybe ,machine- thanks for the input:beer:btw). I gotta pull the trigger on that by tomorrow AM tho, so I can sand the outer dash and lay down topcoat, and clean up and paint to match the pedal bucket and steering stalk cowl tomorrow night, let it all cure before seam sealing those and the wiper pivot housings in in order to cure before our rain event...If I can't have it done with 24 hours cure between each step, I'll have to wait, or cover it up and hope the humidity doesn't screw me. again. Maybe I should torque back and just wait till the next dry spell??? nope. If i can keep step, there's no reason to not get it done....

I used a dupont equivalent. felt like a cop out, but just like a cop out, it'll prolly buy me some time....

Got the dash and firewall painted using a high heat engine paint in new ford grey- a close match to machine grey. I will paint the floor the same high heat grey, but then mask off and paint the canvas white on the skirts and verts and everything above the dash. I'm trying to find a metallic grey in high heat that I could use for the heater housing, and will use the same shade on the dash face for continuity. A high heat hammertone would be great but have not found that so far...trying to get everything buttoned up before last nights rain I went to install the pedal bucket but luckily remembered the harness has to go ABOVE the bucket, so was able to NOT seam seal it in place prior to removing it for wiring. so I diverted my energy to untaping the harness getting it ready for it's new loom covering, which meant I needed to stop and get zip ties. I did NOT get it buttoned up on schedule, but I also didn't cut a corner on it this time...yet...pics to follow

IMG_2175.JPG
IMG_2177.JPG
IMG_2182.JPG
IMG_2183.JPG
IMG_2184.JPG
Put the harness back in. Installed the pedal bucket and masters and wiper motor and linkage

IMG_2185.JPG
IMG_2188.JPG
IMG_2189.JPG
IMG_2190.JPG
IMG_2196.JPG

Hopefully the wipers work better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom