Haff Hawged (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow
Looks pretty intimidating. I hae a bunch of extra connects that go nowhere. Did you have any of those and did you remove them?

The harness is modified- I am no stranger. I did leave the oem bits and connectors to nowhere intact

Can't seem to paint the kick panels. The plan was to do them in white, but after painstaking masking and diligent surface prep, I can't get the white to stick. Took it back down reprepped and sprayed again with marginally better results. Might be the paint? The primer laid on fine, and the high heat grey over same primer went on fine. I might strip it AGIN and shoot it with the grey. I did get the switch panel and it's trappings cleaned up and the steering column painted. I can see now that I wasted about a days worth of masking considering it's all going to be the same color now:doh: maybe I'll redo the dash frame face in black like it was:meh:

IMG_2205.JPG
IMG_2206.JPG
IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG
IMG_2473.JPG
IMG_2476.JPG
IMG_2478.JPG
IMG_2479.JPG
Finally got the kick panels painted. Painted the dash frame machine grey. Burned the day up figuring out the seat mount risers... think these will do...

Ih8fluxcore
IMG_2521.JPG
IMG_2522.JPG
IMG_2525.JPG

Installed seat belt pivot mounting brackets... and yes, I sanded those runs down and hit it again...wire wheel the ceiling, prime it, paint it and finish the floor

They look worse than they are...

I never heard of that...is it wire or? The flux did ok till the gas ran out. The big spool of mig wire lasted so long, it caught me by surprise when it ran out... always on a weekend... just glad I had the flux around...I know the welds are solid, and their appearance just gives me motivation to make trim panels to cover the bird poo. Gotta hook an AC up today/ back on the pig tomorrow

75/25co2/argon...duh. Yeah, that makes the flux flo mo betta

Thanks J!!!

Geeeeezus I been using straight co2 all these years.... what a difference a little argon makes... SPRAYARC babay!

I liked your thread on rebuilding the 3FE AC compressor.

What condensor did you choose for your Pig? Does it use the access holes on the pass side of radiator support?

I did an AC refresh in the 62; wish the pig had too... the 62 got a rebuilt stock denso comp, new denso dryer and evap and s few other bits, all buttoned up with fresh r12 at the beginning of last season. Blows ice cubes still- as it should for years to come! Wife says I'm dragging out the pig so I can drive her ACd 62 all summer;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom