Got troopy! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ran a 2 1/2 " exhaust on mine with a high perf. cat and performance muffler (the one with the red roadrunner on it, can't recall the name).

When i first put the exhaust in i ran a cherry bomb with the cat, but it popped and backfired a bit when decelerating. It is FAR better with the high perf. If I had it to do over, I'd probably do dual exhaust.

I love your fan shroud - very sexy. Makes that Vortec look even sexier - Dan's just jealous.:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Josh

More progress this weekend: Engine harness installed, oem harness in, clutch master installed, connected and working, brake booster with FZJ80 master on, air cleaner on, new fenders on, oil cooler on.

Starting the engine and paint prep are next! Split hood and 25 bib waiting patiently.

Need to find a late model windshield frame as this one is toast.

DSfront.jpg
HarnessIn.jpg
MC&Aircleaner.jpg

Looking nice can t wait to see it

Up at Wally's last week for a few days of body work and paint. Huge thanks to Wally and Nick for jamming 40 hours into three days.

We rolled the troopy out out of the shop and into daylight for the first time in a couple years. Wally's shop looks huge now! Color 6H9 in a dulled/satin finish mixed 2:1 with flattener.
Troopy6H9-2.jpg
Troopy6H9-1.jpg
6h9.jpg

SEM Rockit Liner

Question on the OME 47 springs on here. The rear shackle angle isn't close and the springs look short to me. Do they look like this and need to flatten out/settle or do these look too short to you guys?

Onsite turkeys and cruisers...couldn't be more appropriate :hillbilly:.
RockItLiner.jpg
OMEspring.jpg
Turkeys.jpg

Wow looks great i can t wait to see it

Question on the OME 47 springs on here. The rear shackle angle isn't close and the springs look short to me. Do they look like this and need to flatten out/settle or do these look too short to you guys?

QUOTE]

That angle look like you'll be riding a buck-board. Add about 1500 lbs of gear (8 180 lb 'troops' ridiing in it) and it might settle down.

SUCH a nice truck. I love the addition of the early 40/25 wheel and soon to be bib/hood etc. Will be unique.

Wicked pisah!!!! I can t wait to see it

Thanks! It's getting there.

Decided to try something different than rivets for the hard top and found some SS hardware from Fastenall. The caulk is for sealing any pin holes or irregularities in the top where water could get through. The rain gutter side has nuts and washers. Hope this works!
HardtopScrews1.jpg
HardtopScrews2.jpg

Working on fitting the 25 bars to the bib, hood emblem, and fog light.

I'm probably not going to chrome the 25 bars and will probably paint them. What colors do folks think would look good? Pewter like the lights and other trim parts?

Currently searching for an oem chrome hood strip if anyone has one they'd be willing to part with.
BibLightEmblem.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom