GOBI 80 Series Rear Hatch Ladder - install & review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Been wanting a rear hatch ladder for a while now to access the top of my CampTeq for a quick access to the viewing platform. One of our CSC club members took a chance and ordered one and after checking it out I knew it was the one for me.

Comes packaged well with all the needed hardware for a complete install. The design and the way it attaches to the hatch is first rate. The only other tool you really need to complete the install is hand pliers. Instruction are complete with lots of pictures(5 pages). I did the install but did not like the way it covered the Land Cruiser emblem. I decided to removed the emblem and start L-o-n-g tedious process of removing the adhesive under it. Once removed I hit it with the buffer and its hard to tell it was ever there. It does look naked back there and was thinking maybe and emblem from a 60 series???

The ladder is very solid and secure much so than I would of expected. At 200lb it feels like it could take much more weight making the hatch the weak link. Also with the additional weight my original strut still lift and hold the hatch open just fine for now.

Retail pick up price $180

IMG_1328.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1325.JPG

Thinking of maybe adding this in place of the OEM emblem next to the ladder.

LC emblem.jpg

Last edited:
I like it. Long story short I don't have the rear badge either and has been painted. At first I felt the same about being neekid, but kind of has grown on me.

I like it. Long story short I don't have the rear badge either and has been painted. At first I felt the same about being neekid, but kind of has grown on me.

No likey the 60 style badge as a replacement?

No likey the 60 style badge as a replacement?
Can't really say. Guess if you held one up. I don't like cluttered looks, with ladder, sombo logo license plate could look too much or out of place or great.

Guess I was just mentioning sans ladder my rear looks the same. Just the license plate and sombo logo. And has grown on me.

Any contact or order info? I think i looked a few weeks ago and couldnt find much about the ladder.

I still prefer the stainless steel JDM racks often found on these trucks, but it's nice to have a new option.

I had one where my sombrero was and like the way it looked:

IMG_1254.jpg

I bet it would look great where the old decal was, especially on a white 80.

Nice ladder and I think I like the naked look.

Looks good. I say ditch the Toyota emblem for a nice clean debadged look.

Can you say where it was ordered from?

Welcome to the exclusive and elite Gobi Ladder Club (GLC). ;)

What does "retail pick up" mean? You obviously figured out a way to procure your ladder faster than I did and sounds like you avoided shipping in the process. Do tell.....

Looks good!

Welcome to the exclusive and elite Gobi Ladder Club (GLC). ;)

What does "retail pick up" mean? You obviously figured out a way to procure your ladder faster than I did and sounds like you avoided shipping in the process. Do tell.....

Looks good!

Just go to Denver and beat on Gobi racks door :D

Paid via PayPal and had someone pick it up and bring it to Scottsdale

Just go to Denver and beat on Gobi racks door :D

Paid via PayPal and had someone pick it up and bring it to Scottsdale

Rumor has it this method requires buying a Land Cruiser and then marketing it to a potential buyer in the area that you want a free Mud ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom