Gettin' my lift on. Last min details & Can anyone Help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how many inches longer than stock are your front shackles? i am getting ready to do the same thing to my sixty, and i'm taking notes.

i've got the 3.5" heavy habu rears and 3" OME light front springs. i have the stock length anti-inversion shackles. i'm thinking i might put the longer ones in front and shorter in the back (opposite of original)

I can measure then when I get home. If I dont get the info out to you by tomm remind me. They are supposed to even out the lift. (So should be 1.5" lift or 3" longer than stock.) I have 2 different types of anti-inversion shackles. I think one is MAF and the other is 4+?

I am shimming it 4 deg. for now. I hope it all works out and I can actually get it together soon! I am ready to go on an actual ride with the club!

Matt,

Looking good my man! Seeing your wagon up in the air like that makes me jealous. Hopefully before the summer I'll have mine with a similar setup.

Oh and by the way it looks, you should have plenty of room for 35's( the question for me right now is what TIRE, to go with).

Now with 37's, you would def need gears and and probably atleast a 1"BL. I would probably go in with some longfields too.

Can't wait to wheel with ya man!

Matt

Just measured the front shackles. They are 5.5" from center to center bolt. Hope this helps you some. Looked a little more and one set of shackles looks to be MAF and the other OME both anti-inversion greasable.

Hopefully the rain will hold off tommorow afternoon and I can get the rear axle mounted up as a min!

yea that helps, I've got a set of 3" and 3.5". I got mine from David Dearborn last week they came in Belton boxes, so I guess their Belton.

Well got a chance to finally work on the cruiser tonight! Got it together enough to get it back on 4 wheels and not jack stands. (I know the neighbor loves that!)

Everything went together fine and lift looks mostly even. (I have about 200lbs + of parts fron Gehn in the back still)
- PO if the lift gave me advice to pull a leaf, in rear, inorder to compensate for the poor shackle angle he had in the rear. (B/c he did keep his rig loaded down and neither do I.)These springs were specd @ Alcan for 300-400 lbs over stock weight rear and 100lbs over stock for front. So if they start to look low in the back I can add the other leaf.

It looks good! I dotn think 35;s will fit without at least a 1.5" BL though. But never know unless I try it I guess? It will be 33's for now.

- I did try and get the brake lines loose from the frame with the line wrench. No go there. So I am going to try vise grips. If that doesnt work I am goign to have to get some help or get or do the hard lines.

- I still have to make or order the extended swaybar connections.
- Also have to go flex and measure for shocks.

Here are the pics. Hope you like!!
http://www.erskinepictures.com/ecstudents/Cruiser-lift-Progress?page=2

Well got the tires mounted and balanced and put on the cruiser today. Thank goodness wife did not see me doing this
March06011.jpg

with her 4runner :)

Ordered started plunger and contacts from Ralph Hayes Thurs and hopefully will have the brake lines hooked up tomm (If I dont make it to the BBQ) or early next week.

Still need to order
-end links
-brake lines from caliper to axle (saw they were a little dry rotted)
- Shocks
- Ford F250 Shock mounts. (Possibly)

Here she is with the new rims/tires and lift, it should be at this height until it settles some or I get front and rear bumpers made.
March06031.jpg

Working hard as I can to get it ready for the Expedition weekend trip!!

Well, I finally got the brake lines on and bled sp? them. Still had to jump her off but I drove her around the block! Man is it higher, friend came and helped tonight. He drive a TJ on 33 MTR's. He keps saying how big it was and that it looked good! A big thanks to him, helps to have an extra set of hands, or leg (bleed the brakes) :)

Now, check around about the ford shock mounts and a few other things. (Pull the starter and rebuild it, and pray thats my prob and not some crazy electrical gremlin!

Just wanted to post a quick update as I am punped, since I havent driven it since mid Dec! And just got in from cleaning up the driveway and takin git for a trip around the block. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Well my ford shock towers are in, gotta go pick them up today. I flexed it out yesterday and also ordered shocks. Got the 14" travel for the front and 11" travel for the rear. Man that thing looks sweet tucked, wish I had remembered my camera. I hope the shocks make it here on thursday, so I can get them on for the trip.
- If they do not make it here how far can I realistically drive with no shocks? Is it safe etc?
- Going for a front end alignment tommorow at lunch.

Still have to pull the starter and rebuild it with the parts from Ralph Hayes. :)
- Again, I hope this fixes my problem. I may take the battery and get it checked as well.
-Seems like there is no charge or something on it. (But its not that old, thats what I get for going with Wal-mart's top battery model)
- I do not think its the alt b/c it was rebuild by the PO.
- I also have to rebleed the brake lines as they still feel a little spongy, I think the MC sucked some air as my lines were almost empty b/f I did the lines a bled b/f.

- Funny story of when I drove it around town to find a place to flex. Turned @ THE 4 way stop and there was a full size Chevy double cab. Guy was having to look up at me!! :) Man thats a great feeling!
Thanks for the encouragement guys!!

89s rule said:
- Funny story of when I drove it around town to find a place to flex. Turned @ THE 4 way stop and there was a full size Chevy double cab. Guy was having to look up at me!! :) Man thats a great feeling!
Thanks for the encouragement guys!!

there is no better feeling!!! I hope you get all your parts in time for the trip I'd love to see it up there, we need more 62's on these trips :grinpimp:

I just realized I have been real slack with pics lately. Will hopefully get some this weekend!! Well got the brakes rebled, and torqued all the u-bolts, shackles, and frame pins. Drove it around the block and brakes are much better. Can definately tell that there are 33's under there, but stopes much better.

Still didnt mess with the starter yet, but I am going to get the shop to check the alt, battery and starter for me tomm if they can. I think it is my alternator or battery, but not sure at this point. Anyone have a spare 3fe alt if mine is dead/or almost dead? I will know tomm if I need one for sure.

- What leads me to think this is that when I finally got it started (I have been having to jump it every time. Letting it sit to charge up a little then it will barely turn over. Like there is no juice at all) I was letting it idle and when I was backing out the driveway and tried to roll the window down the lights dimmed big time and almost made the engine die off.
- When I got back from my trip around the block checking the brakes I turned it off and immediately tried to recrank it. Nothing at all completely dead. not even a click.

- still waiting on the shocks. Went to pic up the ford mounts today and missed them being there by 1 min. (I think they close a little early myself.) So I will hopefully go pic those up tomm as well.

I've got a few hints on testing the alt. First check if it has voltage comming out at 1200 rpm, from the + side of alt to the alt case. Then check it with the ground wire on the engine and last check it with the ground wire on the battery. Should be in the hi 13s or low 14s. If so check voltage at battery. If it is not around those same numbers you have an issue with your wires or battery connections.

The best thing is to go to autozone or some other shop and ask them to do a test. It's free and only takes a few minutes to test the battery and alt. If the Alt is bad just have it rebuilt. Mr. Alternator usually will rebuild an alternator in less than a day for a lot less than a new one will cost.

Also check your cables going to the starter. As well as your ground to the engine. If the engine is not grounded properly it will not charge nore will it start well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom