Future Club HAMster's, unite! HAM Test Challenge Date, APR22. (1 Viewer)

Are you interested in the HAM Test on April 22nd?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First 100 last night
IMG_0109.JPG

Last edited:
Sticking to my own challenge - here's my progress over the past 5 weeks of study, which is honestly over-doing it in hindsight:

33oo64p.jpg

Last week's test and the week before were both 100%, but the mix of questions being unpredictable is the wildcard on test day. What's interesting is that even with 100% "Reviewed" content, my "Aptitude" went DOWN 2% from the prior week; hence my comment about hitting the books too hard, too soon.

I think my brain gets into a mode of 'I've-seen-this-so-many-times-before' and I get going too fast and start missing questions...

The challenge for this week (Apr9-15) is for everyone who's TESTING on Saturday, Apr22 to send me a PM with your real name and an e-mail address you don't mind giving to the VE Testing group. I'll build a roster of Test Subjects and need to get that over to my contact at W7IO by end of day, Friday (Apr14). Thanks!

Mid-week registration report. I have confirmations from the following club members;

@Abigail @DTSkyCop @Saddletramp @TexAZ @Cruddz and me.

Have I missed anybody that's interested in testing with us on Sat, Apr22? If so, please send me a PM with your real name and an email address for the Volunteer Test group. Plan to bring $15 test fee and your thinking cap.

Thanks everybody, and looking forward to a celebratory dinner and/or drinks after the test (will share details to open it up to any club members who want to join us),

Last edited:
Took a few days off. Today I took my first practice test and got 100. Then got 97 and 94 on the next two. Feeling pretty good about next Saturday, thank for pushing this along Tom.
IMG_0142.JPG

Week of testing! I have confirmations and email registration for the following to test this Saturday: @Abigail , @TexAZ , @DTSkyCop , @Saddletramp , and me.

On standby until I get your real name and email address via PM: @Cruddz , @brices123 , @Pitch and @rctoyota? If you're out, just let me know or reply here.

For those testing and you have been registration confirmed, please plan to bring $15 cash, a simple calculator (no storage or scientific calculators), and your hopes and dreams on Saturday, Apr22 at 7pm. The test will be conducted at the Phoenix Red Cross Headquarters located at 4747 E 22nd Street, which is 22nd Street and Camelback, south side of the road and set back a bit. Parking is in the lot just South of the building.

Post-test celebration and/or beer-crying will be determined on-site! Thanks for your interest in doing HAM the 'right and legal way' and I look forward to testing with everyone on Saturday!

I am out. I am not ready, studying has fallen down the list in priority.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
For those testing and you have been registration confirmed, please plan to bring $15 cash, a simple calculator (no storage or scientific calculators), and your hopes and dreams on Saturday, Apr22 at 7pm. The test will be conducted at the Phoenix Red Cross Headquarters located at 4747 E 22nd Street, which is 22nd Street and Camelback, south side of the road and set back a bit. Parking is in the lot just South of the building.

Is smart phone with internet connection allowed in the test?

Imunna guess 'no' on that last part...

Quick mid-week update: Test Subjects, check your email provided to me as Gary at W7IO has sent out VE test information to include the need for your State Issued ID and also providing your SSN.

If, like me, you're leery about where your SSN gets stored and used, Gary provided an FCC site link to obtain an FCC Registration Number (FRN) which is generated when you register with the FCC online, and then THAT number is used for your local test. Plus, registering puts you in the FCC database and may speed up licensing a bit.

I did that just now and it took 5 minutes. Let me know here or PM if questions, and I'll be at the CSC Monthly Meeting on Friday night if anyone wants to chat or compare notes prior to VE Testing on Saturday evening,

Sorry we are out. We would have loved to get this done but have been to busy over the last few weeks.

GOOD LUCK ALL on your test tomorrow:
Abigail , TexAZ , DTSkyCop , Saddletramp , and Longduck

No more trail running with outlaw illegal HamSters :hillbilly:

I will be illegal for a long time...Good luck everyone on the test.

Don't forget Alvis in our merry band! See you guys at the club meeting tonight,

5/5 passed :banana:

Great job, everyone!

I figured for one $15 test fee, I should try the General test and failed it miserably - but passed the Technician exam with flying colors. If nothing else, it gave me a dose of humility!

Thanks to Ron & Liz for sharing in the celebration and picking out the Bar & Grill (Pomeroy's), and congratulations to the club's newest HAMsters: @TexAZ , @DTSkyCop , @Saddletramp , and @Abigail !

Not sure why I never honestly did it before... It was straight forward and dare I say "easy"..??? Definitely am NOT trying to sound cocky... but, it was "straight forward..."

Thanks for the "prod" to "get'er dun!" :bounce::bounce2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom