Future Club HAMster's, unite! HAM Test Challenge Date, APR22. (1 Viewer)

Are you interested in the HAM Test on April 22nd?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure why I never honestly did it before... It was straight forward and dare I say "easy"..??? Definitely am NOT trying to sound cocky... but, it was "straight forward..."

Thanks for the "prod" to "get'er dun!" :bounce::bounce2:

You are correct and glad there are more legal folks out there. As for Rudster his only excuse is that he was at my AZ Overlanders event instead of taking a ham test. He said "he studied hard" for the AZ Overlanders Meetup and I would say he passed with flying colors.

Congratulations to the gang of 5. Now it's time for y'all to install some nice mobile radios and antennas so we can actually hear you on the trail!

K1LDR

You are correct and glad there are more legal folks out there. As for Rudster his only excuse is that he was at my AZ Overlanders event instead of taking a ham test. He said "he studied hard" for the AZ Overlanders Meetup and I would say he passed with flying colors.

Congratulations to the gang of 5. Now it's time for y'all to install some nice mobile radios and antennas so we can actually hear you on the trail!

K1LDR

Radio and antenna combo was one of the main discussion topics last night. I am looking forward to some new "What did you do to to your landcruiser" posts

Congratulations everyone!

I plan on taking it this summer when I have a free moment and not I'm school!

Looking for info on previous Ham signs. A very good friend of the family passed away about 20 years ago, I would like t use his call sign. Any way to find it?

Looking for info on previous Ham signs. A very good friend of the family passed away about 20 years ago, I would like t use his call sign. Any way to find it?

As you both know I acquired my Fathers Ham call sign he used for 40 years. I figured it all out via ARRL www.arrl.org/vanity-call-signs.

It made it easy knowing the call sign already and checking it by clicking on the FCC link on the "locating call signs" page.
Do you know what your family friends was?

Last edited:
Go to the FCC tab I mentioned in the previous post. Click on the top drop down tab that defaults to "buy call sign" and choose "by Name"

Hope you find it. What a great way to honor him.

License Search

@Saddletramp - Try here where Murf was talking about... Enter the friends name and see if it pulls up... Change "By Call Sign" to "By Name"... Hope it works!!!GL

Great job, everyone!

I figured for one $15 test fee, I should try the General test and failed it miserably - but passed the Technician exam with flying colors. If nothing else, it gave me a dose of humility!

Thanks to Ron & Liz for sharing in the celebration and picking out the Bar & Grill (Pomeroy's), and congratulations to the club's newest HAMsters: @TexAZ , @DTSkyCop , @Saddletramp , and @Abigail !

Nice! Who's gonna be the first vanity call with KFZJ80?

I don't think any one will get that call sign anytime soon. It is not a valid format. :(

Nope still nothing. I found his brother in Wyoming though

You can try this:

Vanity FAQ

Q:
I do not have the license document showing that my late father once held the call sign that I am requesting. Is that license grant in the FCC database?
A:
License data currently in ULS will remain available. If data was purged prior to conversion to ULS, you can use the services of the FCC's copy contractor, whose addresses and phone number are given in the "PROVISIONS" section, above. If the license document is no longer available, other documentation, such as a Callbook listing, may be accepted as evidence that your late father was assigned this call sign.

Congratulations everyone!

BTW I checked on ARRL's website and a club call sign is only for RADIO clubs. Eating clubs with 4-wheeling problems weren't mentioned.

@LongDuck , I have started checking the obituaries because our HAM signs haven't shown up yet and maybe something happened to our proctors.

Any day now...

Got my antennae and NMO coax, can't wait to be legit.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom