Fusible links are dead - long live this replacement kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CruiserTrash

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
cruisertrashparts.com
We know the FJ60 fusible links are getting harder and harder to find. And was 1880s technology ever a great idea to put in a 1980s truck anyway? Yeah it works, but how many backups do you have left?

I developed this fusible link replacement kit over the last several months to finally get around the issue and bring the wiring protection into the 21st century. It’s completely waterproof and uses MIDI fuses that have just about the same blow speed curve as link wire, except maybe a touch faster so they offer better protection.

The kit comes pre-assembled so install is super easy, even if you’re afraid of electrical work - there is no electrical work involved it’s just plug & play. Mount a custom bracket to the passenger side inner fender, mount the fuse panel to the bracket, install the power wire on the positive battery terminal on one side, and connect a harness connector to the factory harness on the other side.

Kit includes:
Custom bracket
Littelfuse IPX9K waterproof fuse panel
Littelfuse MIDI fuses
6awg marine grade main power cable
New Yazaki wire sub harness
Overland Metric plated JIS hardware

F8418DEB-AACB-484B-985C-C46EDC018365.jpeg

8037D190-586E-482A-BF07-60255818A900.jpeg

6BC306A7-E84F-4DC1-B4E1-2E95D437C78F.jpeg

Last edited:
i like it simple yet elegant

but i went the OEM route,

100 series battery fuse

1688768209465.png

@John McVicker order one and I’ll personally hand deliver and install for you at SAS 😎🤣

Only joking, but on second thought I’ll open that offer to anyone attending SAS who buys anything I make.

I’ll give you Credit yours looks factory fresh!!!

@John McVicker order one and I’ll personally hand deliver and install for you at SAS 😎🤣

Only joking, but on second thought I’ll open that offer to anyone attending SAS who buys anything I make.
Thank you Sir. I’m very lucky, bought my 60 in 2003 from the original owner, he included a new spare he already had. It’s been sitting in my center console for 20 years now…just in case.😁

But I’m very glad you are making these.👍

VERY nice!

Will it work for FJ62?
I’m not clear on the differences between the links for 60 versus 62.
This will not work for the 62 on two accounts: the air cleaner and different threaded body holes prevent the bracket from mounting in the same spot, and the 62 has 5 fusible links instead of three.

the whole time I’ve been making this thing I’ve had the 62 in mind, so a lot of the puzzling out has been done. I need to find a 62 so I can eyeball a different bracket location and take some measurements. The kit will come to 62s, but it’s hard to say when.

I have a brand new OEM fusible link vacuum sealed and in the truck just waiting for the day.. the factory link has been problem free for 39 years, but should the day come.. I have a spare. For those without, this kit rocks!!

This will not work for the 62 on two accounts: the air cleaner and different threaded body holes prevent the bracket from mounting in the same spot, and the 62 has 5 fusible links instead of three.

the whole time I’ve been making this thing I’ve had the 62 in mind, so a lot of the puzzling out has been done. I need to find a 62 so I can eyeball a different bracket location and take some measurements. The kit will come to 62s, but it’s hard to say when.
God Speed, my good man!
And thank you for the reply!

I will peel my eyes for developments on a FJ62 unit.

I have a brand new OEM fusible link vacuum sealed and in the truck just waiting for the day.. the factory link has been problem free for 39 years, but should the day come.. I have a spare. For those without, this kit rocks!!
Always good to have spares! There’s nothing inherently wrong with the fusible links - ok, they’re a bit slow to react - but not everyone has spares around. Hold onto yours!

I was recently troubleshooting some electrical issue around the fusible link and sending out vibes for an upgrade. I guess you were listening :rofl:

I was recently troubleshooting some electrical issue around the fusible link and sending out vibes for an upgrade. I guess you were listening :rofl:
I’m here for you bud!

FYI I’m running what I call the Summer Adventure Sale and n my web shop starting today and going through 7/24 at midnight. Use code 2023SAS7 for 15% off your entire order.

Except for the Fusible Link Replacement Kits. I can’t discount those when I’m still just getting the first batch ready!

Would it be possible to post a few more pix of this, please?

I'm a little confused how this works, because in some pictures, it looks like there's a 10(ish) ga red wire out of the F3 spot, to the white Sumitomo connector. In others, there's a 4/6 ga (?) Red cable out of that spot? -- Is this the 'Upgrade' Alternator feed wire you show on the purchase site?

So if one options for the 'Alt feed wire Upgrade' will there be an open hole on the Sumitomo connector ?

Sorry for the confusion, but I may not be the only one with these questions, or maybe I am ? 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom