For Sale Front seats 1969 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wholechiro.com
$300 OBO , Odenton, MD --local pickup only. Original hardware, including seat belts.
Front brown leather seats need reupholstering, but otherwise not in bad shape for 1969.
(Floor attachments not included)

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

these looks like mid 70's era seats. The 1969 came with the two piece bench seats. to find out the exact year check the tags on the belts if they are still legible.

these looks like mid 70's era seats. The 1969 came with the two piece bench seats. to find out the exact year check the tags on the belts if they are still legible.
Yup, those are 1973-1978 seats.

Also, people are going to want to see the under side of the seats. The cradles on those type of buckets are prone to rusting. More so when the foam is accessible from the top as well as the bottom.

GLWS.

Ah--thanks for the correction!--well, I bought it as a bit of a franken-beast and have had a hard time figuring out exactly what is stock in which year. (I'll check on it when I get home and post some pics of the undersides, which aren't too bad either, but a bit of rust)

Underside of left seat
upload_2016-12-29_20-5-31.jpeg
(sorry for the delay)

Underside of right seat
upload_2016-12-29_20-6-21.jpeg

Make me an offer! (I'll ship them to you if you really want to, but you'll pay the shipping from the local UPS store)

Very new to the Land Cruiser world. Just got a Oct 1969 FJ40 and I am missing the drivers seat. Just not sure if these are truly interchangeable or not. If so I would be interested. Anyone out there that can give me the scoop on them working on my 69

Very new to the Land Cruiser world. Just got a Oct 1969 FJ40 and I am missing the drivers seat. Just not sure if these are truly interchangeable or not. If so I would be interested. Anyone out there that can give me the scoop on them working on my 69
Hey there--I'm not an expert either, also new to this, but from everything I've read on this forum and others, is that it depends on what you're looking to do with your rig.
My wife wanted comfort and safety (and clean) if she's every going to ride in my "Donkey", so I went to the junkyard and got some 2012 Scion front seats, customized the supports, and now we're both happy!
On the other hand, if you're a purist that has umpteen dollars to spend and unlimited time to wait/search, you might be able to find 1969 seats for a good price.
They worked just fine in my 1969 FJ40--my original plan was to to have them recovered.

If you're interested, I'll be happy to send them as a pair, but I'm guessing shipping won't be cheap.

This are buckets seats out of a 9/72 to 11/75. Lap belts were replaced with three point belts in 1/76. I installed a set of these in my 68 over thirty years ago. But it was not a direct bolt in. Besides having to modify I used both seats and center console. The inside front bracket is loop for both seats meant to be used with both seats not just one. I also think just one seat would not fit well with the large passenger seat in a 69.

No head rest pads?
Nope. Don't believe these ever had them. I know there doesn't seem to be an obvious way with these, anyway. part of the reason I'm getting rid of these is because of the lack of headrests--moving to Costa Rica eventually and they require headrests (my wife was concerned about safety too), but for a car that will not be a daily driver, safety seems like a non-issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom