Toyota Jacks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for information about Toyota jacks? This guide covers Land Cruiser jacks through 1984, and includes information and photographs to help identify and date early Land Cruiser (FJ25, FJ40, FJ45 and FJ55) and other Toyota jacks.

Online Reference

Toyota Land Cruiser Jack Reference - FJ25 FJ40 FJ45 Fj55 - Version 2 of the Jack Reference in an easy to access format.

Land Cruiser Jacks - Pictures and identifying information for each Land Cruiser jack (1958-84).

PDF Files

Toyota Land Cruiser Jack Reference (1958-84) - Version 2 (44meg)
Version 2 includes many new photos and additional information about early (1958-84) Land Cruiser jacks. Jack service dates for some 09110-35011 jack variants and other jacks have been revised to reflect new information learned from review of manufacture dates stamped on the jacks

FJ40 Jacks & Tools - OEM Jack Reference - Version 1 (6meg)
Version 1 identifies the jacks and jack accessories provided with FJ25, FJ40, FJ45 and FJ55 Land Cruisers through 1984.

This is a work in progress; please post additions, corrections, and suggestions for improvement.

Some photos of IH8Mud member jacks are included in the guide, and acknowledged on the last page. Please let me know if you prefer your photo(s) be removed.

The file is a large pdf, hosted on Dropbox.com, clicking a link will access the Dropbox site.

Edit: updated to add Online Reference links

Awesome! Absolutely awesome!

This is great information and finally compiled into one place.

Great work!

Wow! :clap:

And I'm even honoured by having my thread mentioned in it!

Tremendous.

I must find the time to study what you've put together thoroughly. (At the moment I've just skimmed through it.

:beer:

PS. Of course I've immediately saved a copy of it so that nothing can stop me reading it again...... Thanks!

(I hope this doesn't set me on a course of collecting all the landcruiser jack variants!!!!!)

x4 great job!

'Beno' had this picture posted in this thread from a trip he went to the "Mother Factory" LOL looks like the same grouping that you have in your pdf

https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj25-owners-group/194731-old-toyota-factory.html
SANY0062 beno.jpg

Better pictures of the jack with the metal Made in Japan label attached. https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj25-owners-group/44908-little-25-treasures-21.html This came with a early 1960 FJ25. Toyota made some changes to the FJ25 during 1960. Dropping the that label may have been one of them. All the early FJ40 jacks I've seen posted here did not have one.

I also bought a set of jack handle rods off someone on mud a few years ago. These were purchased separately and did not come with a vehicle. Part labels were still on them. Besides being the later brown the hook was ground down to be narrower like the later three piece rods. I found out the 60 series spare tire carrier can not be operated by the earlier yellow rod. The hook is to fat to fit in the winch. Did the FJ60 ever come with the longer two piece rods? I know The FJ55 came with the engine crank rod up to the end of production and the jack handle was not needed to lower the spare tire. My best guess is Toyota may not have provided the engine crank rod in later years and possibly the pickups/troopies needed the narrow hook to operate the winch. So Toyota only made the one type of rod because it would work on everything.:meh:

Great write up. Only three of my six cast iron jacks came with their original vehicle. I'll use this write up to date the other three.:cheers:

Very thorough and impressive job....

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to do that, and thank you for sharing with the rest of us...

No more guessing what the markings mean! Excellent. Thanks!

Thanks for your comments. I've learned a lot from reading your posts on Mud, and am happy to be able to contribute something as well.

You may have noticed the links in the Restoring Jacks section on page 14 were not working. A revised file with functional links has been posted.

Some additional/updated topics that will be added at some point:
-summary of JIS standard requirements for screw jacks
-discuss jack rating considerations
-date codes for jack manufacture
-update bearing ball table with additional information for other jacks
-identify a source for replacement screws
-more pictures of jacks, handles, rods

Please post or send suggestions for additional topics, corrections, etc.

...I found out the 60 series spare tire carrier can not be operated by the earlier yellow rod. The hook is to fat to fit in the winch. Did the FJ60 ever come with the longer two piece rods?

I have one yellow rod with a hook that is noticeably different than the others. The sides are flatter, and it looks like it was made this way, not a PO mod. Not sure where it came from. Don't know if these came with 60 series.

'Beno' had this picture posted in this thread from a trip he went to the "Mother Factory" LOL looks like the same grouping that you have in your pdf

Yes, the same jack collection. Unfortunately, I was not able to be there in person to take the pictures.

...And I'm even honoured by having my thread mentioned in it!
A great thread, and part of that is how it pulls in related threads as well. It is interesting how the jack restoration threads have different focus. There's painting/finish, dis-assembly, repair, fabrication, and the related pictures. They work together to provide a comprehensive resource.

I've probably overlooked some jack restoration threads. Please let me know, and they will be included in the next revision.

Great work.I love these jacks and usually carry 2 as they serve well as jack stands.

Cool jack, thanks for posting the photos.

Haven't been able to find any information about that part number. For all the others in the write-up, I was able to locate at least one reference somewhere online. But for that one, have not been able to find a reference anywhere. Any idea what it's from?

The part number, screws and TEQ logo suggest it dates between 1963-68. Appears to be shorter than a FJ40/45/55 jack, and resembles the 09110-26010 Toyota Hiace jack listed in the reference, which is a 2 stage, 2 ton jack. Is 09110-35020 rated 2 tons?

09110-26010 from the Toyota Automobile Museum in Japan, on the left in the group photo, next to a Land Cruiser jack.

Jack1b.jpg

Jack1a.jpg

Jack1_2_3_4.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see it arrived safe and sound after such a long journey. Looks to be in good company.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom