For Sale / Wanted To Buy (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm by no means an expert but know that 45 pickups aren't that common. Not sure when last year was of being sold in U.S. This looks pretty clean from the pics but then again, seeing fresh black paint on undercarriage that is probably covering something up. Interesting tailgate and spare tire holder.

If anyone is seriously interested I do know an excellent mechanic in Duluth, GA that could look it over and give you good input. He knows early Land Cruisers very well after maintaining a fleet of them when he was a Missionary Bush Pilot in Papua New Guinea. He is slowly restoring an FJ45 pickup in his shop.

I don't consider $20k to be an unbelievable deal, more like a believable deal.

Think they're worth that much more?
I think a properly restored one is worth more. Lots more rare than fj40's.

40's bring more money than a 45. If Toyota would have made the cabs bigger for us fat Americans they would probably be more desirable

I have two sets of 4.56 NITRO brand 9.5 inch ring and pinions for sale. The were purchased from Tarheel 4WD about two years ago and have about 3000 miles on them. New they sell for $220 per axle. My asking price is $200 for both sets OBO. Local pickup preferred in the Charlotte area, or can bring them to the Relic Run next weekend.

Contact me at SeriesLR(at)gmail(dot)com

Better hurry!

utility trailer

Too late!

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

20170604_181740.jpg

Could be another better hurry moments!

1964 Toyota FJ40

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

Anyone have any recommendations on a pistol for a concealed carry gun? Taking the cwp class later this summer although it will stay in my truck till I turn 21 it will turn into my daily gun probably.

Anyone have any recommendations on a pistol for a concealed carry gun? Taking the cwp class later this summer although it will stay in my truck till I turn 21 it will turn into my daily gun probably.
@JhadT You're going to get more varied answers to this question than those in the 60-series "Which Oil Do You Use" thread. With that said, a few considerations:

1. The pistol you use for CC will depend on a handful of variables. The most important one being, what can you shoot in a competent, repeatable, reliable, and comfortable manner? The next being, what can you comfortably conceal? The weapon you conceal must be the one you practice with, and practice often. I've met plenty of folk who think toting around a 1911 as their concealed is badass. You'll learn quickly that summertime is hot and printing in your t-shirt is unsafe.
2. You cannot legally purchase a pistol from a FFL in the state of SC until you're 21. (If you're looking to get around this, make sure you're not involved in a "straw" purchase) This means you're going to be looking to purchase from a private-party.
3. Keeping your concealed in your unattended vehicle is a bad idea. One aspect CWP classes could do a better job teaching students is that every time you carry, you are strapping on a load of responsibility. How can you be responsible for a firearm if you don't have possession of it? You can certainly put it in a lock box or locked console, but if the vehicle were to be stolen then that's nothing a plasma cutter or angle grinder couldn't make short work of.

All that to say this since this thread isn't the most appropriate place for this discussion - if you're curious and determined, find a seasoned and responsible shooter and ask if they'd meet you at a shop with a range where you can rent and work with a variety of firearms to find what may suit you.

How will it staying in your truck benefit you? Won't it still be concealed? Though I remember years ago a friend that had to cross between NC & SC multiple times per day...no concealed carry license...gun had to be in plain sight in NC but out of sight in SC. Crazy. Still like that in SC? Either way, that doesn't matter if you're not legally able (old enough) to possess a handgun. Getting busted for possession, underage, brandishing, etc will affect you for a loooong time. Don't do ANYTHING against the law regarding firearms.

Wow.....anyone know anything about this one.....Removable top but need to put in a roll bar first.
I think I will go ahead and play "bezel upside down police".......

1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40

I know that truck, the patina is faked in many places and the whole thing is cleared. I spoke with the shop that did the work. He said that he just cleaned it all up faked some patina and painted a lot of stuff. Other than that it was OK if I remember correctly.

400 watt power inverter freebie: This was hard wired in my Jeep but I went with a different unit in the 80 to fit better in the cd changer space. Was going to offer it up for free here anyway, but after the in laws did a deep cleaning in the garage while I was at HC, I found this had been dropped and the face broken off.

Should still work fine. You could either reattach the face, or mount the face as a panel on a trim piece while the rest of the unit is behind in a void. When running, the digital display shows available voltage.

Let me know. Probably trashing after the weekend.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

400 watt power inverter freebie: This was hard wired in my Jeep but I went with a different unit in the 80 to fit better in the cd changer space. Was going to offer it up for free here anyway, but after the in laws did a deep cleaning in the garage while I was at HC, I found this had been dropped and the face broken off.

Should still work fine. You could either reattach the face, or mount the face as a panel on a trim piece while the rest of the unit is behind in a void. When running, the digital display shows available voltage.

Let me know. Probably trashing after the weekend.

View attachment 1475681

View attachment 1475682

Ill take it

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom