For Sale @ High Desert Cruisers (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it a manual, cloth seat? If so, I could be convinced to horde it. :cool:

It sure is. I feel compelled to start hoarding as well, but the boss lady won’t allow it.

It sure is. I feel compelled to start hoarding as well, but the boss lady won’t allow it.

Ahhh yes, my young Padawan, you must live out in the boonies where the coyotes don't give a poop about all the junk you've been hording !!!

1998 Toyota Land Cruiser

Is this a good deal for a 1998 with lockers? Seems good to me but I don’t know too much about 100 series...

I was considering just buying this and selling my current LC. This is a unicorn.

For me, the radio has be replaced with anything you want. the mileage is incredibly low. it has a factory locker (though i does not have atrac). and it's extremely clean.

That thing is a dream. Unfortunately, I'm not in a financial place to play switch-a-roo.

I was considering just buying this and selling my current LC. This is a unicorn.

For me, the radio has be replaced with anything you want. the mileage is incredibly low. it has a factory locker (though i does not have atrac). and it's extremely clean.

That thing is a dream. Unfortunately, I'm not in a financial place to play switch-a-roo.

What makes it a unicorn? Most of the 98/99 had the rear locker (TLC, not Lexus), and the Atrac didn't come until 2000. The only way to have the 2 is to install an aftermarket locker.

I've seen much better deals for 100's here. I think Matt picked up one for like sub $5k. Doesn't seem like much of a deal to me, but not that its a bad LC.

What makes it a unicorn? Most of the 98/99 had the rear locker (TLC, not Lexus), and the Atrac didn't come until 2000. The only way to have the 2 is to install an aftermarket locker.

I've seen much better deals for 100's here. I think Matt picked up one for like sub $5k. Doesn't seem like much of a deal to me, but not that its a bad LC.

i like that it's a 1998 with 160k miles and no navigation. i'm not sure what those models were like. i just think it's in great shape.

i like that it's a 1998 with 160k miles and no navigation. i'm not sure what those models were like. i just think it's in great shape.
If you continue to look for another, the early 100 series LC did not have a touch screen (Lexus I believe did have them though) the navigation wasn't an option until 2001, and I don't think it became standard for US until like 2003, or 2004, though there are a few rare ones out there. Here is a good write-up of the yearly changes by Slee: Slee Off-Road 100 Series Newbie Guide

If you continue to look for another, the early 100 series LC did not have a touch screen (Lexus I believe did have them though) the navigation wasn't an option until 2001, and I don't think it became standard for US until like 2003, or 2004, though there are a few rare ones out there. Here is a good write-up of the yearly changes by Slee: Slee Off-Road 100 Series Newbie Guide

Thanks!

I currently have a 2000 Land Cruiser, no lockers (but with atrac), and no navigation. I happen to have 270k miles and my truck is much less clean than that 1998. I am considering locking in the future, so the factory lockers and extreme cleanliness really appeal to me.

That 100 Series guide was super important a year ago when I was making my first 100-series purchase!

I paid $11K for mine back in 2014, at 167K miles. 45,000 miles and numerous mods later, it was a great buy. Goes anywhere, in comfort, including easily towing a 4,000lb travel trailer, has never broken down. I specifically didn't want Atrac: to me, an extra system that can cause problems/expense.

Note: it's worth checking whether the rear locker is operational; the electric mechanism that engages that locker can seize if it's not exercised once every few months. Mine (which had apparently never been used - the original owner hadn't even realized it was there) turned out to be fine.

Run, Forest, run!

Did it have a nice Chevy 6 in it like this one?:)

I know its high. I haven't been looking long, but I cant find anything at a good price. Trading into it is my only way to get anything right now. Wife would have a cow if I put another set of wheels in the yard without getting rid of something. Cant say I blame her.

Did it have a nice Chevy 6 in it like this one?:)
Nope. It had a 2F out of a 1978 FJ40. Never saw it run. Nor did I give it a chance.

Ha I paid less than that for mine with 1:10 the cancer, a full hard top, 350, SOA, 35s, fully locked, Saginaw, fugly half arsed half completed camo paint and a long list of hacks to sort out...

It's pretty rare to find such an old 100 with such low mileage. Typically 98-99's are 200-300k miles and go for 7-8k in decent shape. It's semi difficult to find a sub 03 with less than 200k miles these days. Especially assuming it's rust free. Its gone now but I'd say based on the photos that 8k would have been a spectacular deal assuming no glaring issues and good maintenance records as claimed.

Does anyone have a line on a local 3F block in serviceable condition? I'll likely be needing one.

Last edited:
It's pretty rare to find such an old 100 with such low mileage. Typically 98-99's are 200-300k miles and go for 7-8k in decent shape. It's semi difficult to find a sub 03 with less than 200k miles these days. Especially assuming it's rust free. Its gone now but I'd say based on the photos that 8k would have been a spectacular deal assuming no glaring issues and good maintenance records as claimed.
Unless you bought yours out of Tucson 10 years ago with 92K miles on it and then have driven it only 40K miles since and it lives in the garage an rarely gets driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom