Builds Fly By Night (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, my tank is one inch behind the cross member and 2 inches from the pumpkin, but I use a Diamond axle, so might be different. It didn't hit the 60 axle though when I used one. Here's a picture of my tank with the step down for the pump lines. It is centered right under the trap door.

IMG_1713.JPG

IMG_1691.JPG

Damn, I didn't check that, be right back. 👣

Hard to get a good measurement with everything around it, but the step down area is at least 15" deep. guessing the step is an 1 1/2" and the tapered other end is 14 1/2" deep. She's a big girl! :)

Last edited:
I just love it when a plan comes together. Good ol’ steel and the universal power of math.

So these are the outside plates for the spring hangers. I wanted the hanger bolt to be 4” on center below the frame and 5-1/2” back from the front of the frame horn. The front plates needed the two bends made at 32 degrees to give me the 1-5/8” needed to make half of the 3-1/4” spacing needed for the overall spring and bushing width. I’d say it turned out pretty close on this side. A touch wide, but that’s ok 👌

F8250C3E-11DE-4FFC-99B3-F605777042BE.jpeg

8EC2DEB9-3EFA-4BFF-AC26-332F4F581CF8.jpeg

10CCAD83-07D0-41E1-BF14-6379429035EE.jpeg

Ok, my tank is one inch behind the cross member and 2 inches from the pumpkin, but I use a Diamond axle, so might be different. It didn't hit the 60 axle though when I used one. Here's a picture of my tank with the step down for the pump lines. It is centered right under the trap door.

View attachment 2236003

View attachment 2236004

Think that’s what I have. It’s huge. Let me know if you need measurement.

You do really nice work Dr Rush55!

AA645458-DCE2-44C0-BB48-272E4AB3637D.jpeg

Last edited:
And then here’s a pic of me sporting the welding/grinding shirt that I’ve been wearing for almost a year without washing. It’s about on it’s last leg. Gonna have to go to Goodwill soon and get another. Still have a LOT of grinding and welding to do.

View attachment 2244242

send me your address and I’ll mail you an old nomex flight suit top. I swear it holds up better.
The sleeves are long, made to go over gloves, Velcro cuffs, zip up, and it has a high collar too.

I appreciate that man! I’ll take you up on it as long as you have plenty for yourself. XL.

The “pre-owned” shirts are just a testament of how cheap I can be. Think I originally bought that shirt for river trips but was just bulky enough to weather sparks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom