FJ80 cabin air intake (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question.....why not find find a filter close in size and then cut the weirdly shaped hole out and fab in soemthing to fit easily? Regardless I'm sub'd and interested to see what you do. Thanks ahead of time.

I am thinking of cutting in shape of the inner duct right above the cabin air intake and make custom duct with cowl snorkel on top of the panel. Something like that but more accurately.
Cut in like that, and install this kind of snorkel with air filter inside, but little lower to the panel.

post-33152-0-50674500-1391769639.jpg

post-2844-0-13273100-1391760453.jpg

No it will not, the space between linkage and intake is about of 5CM which is about of two inches.

Why not just find a flat K&N filter a little bit bigger than the hole and wire it in place? In my experience they are pretty good at water repelling and since they con go so long between cleanings, you can just forget about for a couple years.

This thread seems to have dried up. Anyone make any progress on this since September?

^^^ x2.

I just replaced my cabin filter in my Camry and was floored!

image.jpeg

I was hoping we would have that intake scanned, have 3D printed adapter, and a commonly available slide in filter by now.

I was hoping we would have that intake scanned, have 3D printed adapter, and a commonly available slide in filter by now.

Where is @bhicks on this? Stop making cupholders! I want a cabin filter! :flipoff2:

Where is @bhicks on this? Stop making cupholders! I want a cabin filter! :flipoff2:
I don't own an 80 anymore to work off of. I might be open to developing something this summer when I have some time off. I could probably use a locals 80 for the dimensions.

I may be able to get this scanned and a holder printed. Any recommendation on what filter? If I can get the filter, I can create the adaptor to bridge the two.

Wonder if a filter/filter holder could be designed to slide up into the plastic duct just before it enters the AC condenser box??

Bump. Anyone do anything with this excellent info?
How tough is it to get the grille off to see the inside?

Bump. Anyone do anything with this excellent info?
How tough is it to get the grille off to see the inside?

5 or 6 screws IIRC. Not difficult at all.

I'm curious as to what I can do to get the "old car smell" out of the truck? Thinking I can spray a good amount of Lysol while running the fan?

I'm curious as to what I can do to get the "old car smell" out of the truck? Thinking I can spray a good amount of Lysol while running the fan?

Have you pulled the carpet and cleaned it? Just pulling the carpet out did wonders for my 93. I had it in my garage for a few days and it smelled like rats had nested and died in my garage.

Cleaning your condenser would help too. Mine was filled with 23 years of debris. It was nasty.

My truck is spotless.
How did you clean the condensor? The spray can drill/screw in method?

I pulled it. Used an air compressor and blew out what I could. You have to be careful because the fins are very fragile. Then I sprayed it with Easy Off oven cleaner and let it sit for a few minutes (10-15). Then rinsed it. Then soaked it in water for an hour or so. Then rinsed it in the shower being careful not to use too high of pressure.

I pulled it. Used an air compressor and blew out what I could. You have to be careful because the fins are very fragile. Then I sprayed it with Easy Off oven cleaner and let it sit for a few minutes (10-15). Then rinsed it. Then soaked it in water for an hour or so. Then rinsed it in the shower being careful not to use too high of pressure.
:hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom