FJ80 cabin air intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice! Did you use the ring of closed cell foam under the foam sponge on the lip of the intake or was it attached to the sponge? Does the sponge just lay there held down by the prefilter or is it held in place with the foam tape? Please elaborate and do you have the part number for the prefilter screen? How often do you have to clean it and do you notice a reduction in airflow when it's dirty?

Thanks in advance!

I was just wondering about this the other day!

And "fesh-fesh" is still one of my favorite words.

:lol:

Wow man - very clean - you have the specific part number the precleaner and sponge? Thanks for posting this!

i think it was this part number for the pre cleaner as i bought 10 different sizes to try them for the best fit.

K&N Engineering KT-4511DK air filter wrap

Amazon.com: K&N Engineering KT-4511DK Air Filter Wrap: Automotive

as for the sponge i found it at a local parts store and it comes in a roll so i cut it to size or a bit larger.

Very nice! Did you use the ring of closed cell foam under the foam sponge on the lip of the intake or was it attached to the sponge? Does the sponge just lay there held down by the prefilter or is it held in place with the foam tape? Please elaborate and do you have the part number for the prefilter screen? How often do you have to clean it and do you notice a reduction in airflow when it's dirty?

Thanks in advance!

No the closed cell foam was part of the previous cover for the cowl hole i made, sorry for any confusion. The foam sheet sits a bit larger on the air intake hole so that there is not chance of it falling in and is held down with the pre cleaner shower cap.

i have had it on for a few months but have only been out twice with it on and the airflow in the AC has been the same.

will check it in a while and just wash the pre cleaner and sponge before putting them back in.

also tried to use this as one of the solutions. it was nearly a great fit, but sadly it wasn't perfect.

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 11.07.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 11.07.52 PM.png

Very nice, thanks for all the research and info.

Is anyone still planning on scanning and coming up with a 3D printed top to receive a cartridge?

Is anyone still planning on scanning and coming up with a 3D printed top to receive a cartridge?

I have the cowl ready if anyone has a 3d scanner and printer and design skills

this would be great, if someone can make one that will hold a standard small interior air filter, similar to the little one on my toyota echo. That way you could just pull and replace it every so often. @bhicks ?

this would be great, if someone can make one that will hold a standard small interior air filter, similar to the little one on my toyota echo. That way you could just pull and replace it every so often. @bhicks ?
Still too busy for new projects. I am just about through my list of projects I committed to and this might be something I can do around August. I might be able to squeeze in a couple more projects before the holiday rush begins.

That would be great, I'm planning on replacing my evap this fall and would like to get a filter in there.

Count me in, too! Would love to keep a little of the Houston pollen out of my face this summer. IMHO this is one of the most needed mods, as far as I can tell.

I ended up sealing off the top vents, and using the drain holes on the side to attach a hose and filter. I do lose some flow on vent, but it's minimal.

The alternative was to add a sunk pump to the hose / filter to pull in extra air.

I ended up sealing off the top vents, and using the drain holes on the side to attach a hose and filter. I do lose some flow on vent, but it's minimal.
do you have any pictures of your set up ?

So after my last four wheel drive trip and getting hit in the face with dust on the way home I decided to do this. I also decided to go completely different route instead of trying to work with Toyota funky Mount I decided to make my own which then opened up my options for air filters also trying to fight with everything in that tiny little hole isn't going to work either so I made the hole bigger
20181212_153818.jpg
20181212_162949.jpg
20181213_153410.jpg
20181213_155833.jpg
20181212_153818.jpg

20181213_161423.jpg

Snorkel with two arms: one to cabin, one to intake????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom