FJ60 TBI Fuel Injection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What do You charge for the GEN 2 w/ DUI distributor, kit?
Is it "bolt-on"?
Do You ship to Colombia? South america?
Thank You
Glenn

IndianDoc said:
I found a small tear in one of the vacume plugs at the base of the adapter for the throttle body. Replaced it and that intermittent ck engine light has severly dropped off, to tell the truth I thought it was compleatly gone but it still (now fairly rarely)comes on, I am suppose to get it back up to Marshall in the next couple of weeks for another mod. He can then pull the codes and do some adjustment but overall this is one of the best things I have ever in 20 years of curisers had done to the old six. It does not cease to amaze me; gotta love it. :)

If you haven't already, you can pull the codes with a paper clip inserted into the proper terminals (A&B ?) of the diagnostics plug. The CEL will blink the code. Super easy.

These things are incredibly easy to work on and buy parts for.

Hi there
Do You have a price yet on the GenII kit?
And how do I get in contact with You??
glennlindhatthotmail.com

Any updates on these kits and pricing? The thread seems to have died months ago...:bang:

No. I've been swamped at work and have had little time to spend on working on this project. Plus my last install had a glitch and until I can figure out what is wrong I don't want to sell any. It's either a fuel pressure issue or dizzy and until I get it back in the shop I won't be able to confirm.

Sorry for the bad news but I hate selling something I don't have time to do tech support for. Until I can get some free time and knock all thins out it will have to wait.

Troll we have faith man, I have had some glitches with my AFI system. One was solved when you suggested a fuel regulator ( thank you at 11 psi she purrs) and the others have been weird electrical gremlins that I still haven't solved. Good Luck and I'm sure when you are ready to roll these out the TBI fans will all be here waiting and ready.! Rock on sir

Yeah I think an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pressure gauge should come standard with any kit I sell.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm installing another system in a 40 next month and will try to get a grasp on pricing and parts.

Age is nice

Just my .02! Troll it is getting better with age. Dang it hardly ever studders now. And the ck engine lite is also a much rarer occurance. But it is still there, I'm sure it will be something I did or didn't do right. But any way just for update it is still running strong, starting like a top. Running well (except that small studder thing under load in high gear, and that is now occasionally not every time under load) see ya!:)

Troll we have faith man, I have had some glitches with my AFI system. One was solved when you suggested a fuel regulator ( thank you at 11 psi she purrs) and the others have been weird electrical gremlins that I still haven't solved. Good Luck and I'm sure when you are ready to roll these out the TBI fans will all be here waiting and ready.! Rock on sir

What psi was it seeing before? Are /were you using the fuel pump that comes with the AFI kit?

Desperately seeking simple EFI

Will this kit work in 40"s. More specifically on a 78' 2F motor? Thanks!
:cheers:

Hmm I've been looking at Affordable Fuel Injection's kit, but I think I'll hold out to see if you get this sorted. Thanks for your R&D.

Still dreaming about that EFI. How's it going?

Jon

Just down the road in West Columbia

OK folks here is the skinny after 18 months this mod is still just awesome. Gas mileage is still up but as I now am looking at daily driver it has fallen from the 15.6 on the flat interstate to an overall average of 13.8 around town and highway. Now a up armored (skiders, skid plate, ARB front and a Swing out tire rear) heavy cruiser that ain't too bad. Who am I kidding I love that from the old six. And yes even in the ice storm she fired right up even after setting for two weeks. It will run bumpy for about 60 seconds or so then settle right in. On the highway all the little issues that were evident at first have just gone away no check engine light, no studder and it will pull the hills. As I said before this is awesome. I noticed when I re scanned that I never mentioned the off road ability of this mod. Well it is soooo sweet and imediate when you punch the peddle in low gears/or range you best be ready to hang on. It will spin those 35's like crazy now no hesitation at all. Just bang it. Truly this mod is the best Thank you again Trollhole. :cheers:

Doc, I have some issues with my TBI from Affordable that I'm wondering if are TBI related or Affordable related. First I (thank to troll) tuned down the fuel pump to 11psi but still have a "rich" running truck. You can smell the unburnt fuel at idle is that how your truck runs? I have the scann tool on my computer and the cables but if I run a scan can you tell me what I'm looking for? overall I'm fine with all the day to day running just would like to see it run leaner and perhaps get better mpg I'm sitting around 12.

Sorry for the delay but I have been off line for a while, Yes, matt mine also smells rich all the time. But I have a different tank venting issue as I moved the whole shebang while putting in the wagon gears mods. So I get a slight fuel odor all the time. But the codes it throws is always too rich. But the mileage sure doesn't go with a rich condition. Who knows I sure don't, but as It Is sure not broke I am not going to fix it. LOL

NVM I just read through all of your threads from years ago and it looks like you are burning chips for the ECU that you are selling.

I am looking into getting an Innovate wideband 02 setup for basic idle and full throttle tuning. This could be really beneficial for Feedback on tuning tables if you ever had to reburn something or wanted data logging from a customer..... This is what APR does with their customers, since the VAG com (volkswagen computer interface) pulls datalogs that you can email.

Let me know when you get close to doing something with the Gen 2 or potentially a gen 1. I dont see many water crossings in my future since I am in Texas. Our water crossings as barely higher than our annual snowfall.

Last edited:
It's been a while since any posts in this thread...

I'm interested in some details and pricing on a Gen 1 w/o distributor. I have a DUI already. (also sent you PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom