FJ60 Headlight Bezel & Grill Height/Length (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I'm thinking of retrofitting a FJ60 round headlight bezel and grill onto my first gen 4runner ('87).

Can someone tell me the height/width of the a) headlight bezel and b) grill with TOYOTA embelem on a FJ60? I'm going to see if it's close enough to be possible - I know some "fabrication" will be required as it clearly won't fit out of the box.

The square headlights and plain grill on the 4runner leave more to be desired. Think the upgrade is possible?

Thanks.
1985_Toyota_4Runner_4x4_SR5_For_Sale_White_Front_resize.jpg
front bumper fab 03.JPG

Last edited:
4Cruiser? LandRunner? The FJ60 plastic parts won't fit. Even the 7 inch round headlights probably won't fit. Measure that & see.

It would take lowering your front bumper and a lot of fabrication at a minimum. Is that your rig in the picture? If it is, I'd leave it alone, man. That thing is a beaut. Love the 1st gen 4Runners. I hope to have one that clean one day.

It would take lowering your front bumper and a lot of fabrication at a minimum. Is that your rig in the picture? If it is, I'd leave it alone, man. That thing is a beaut. Love the 1st gen 4Runners. I hope to have one that clean one day.
Actually mine is just as clean, but has an ARB on it from the PO that I am planning to remove and put in an Addicted Off-road plate bumper instead:
IMG_1221.PNG

Here is another one that did round headlights - I like the round headlight look and am not afraid to cut the FJ60 parts to fit:
IMG_1208.PNG

Any ideas?

View attachment 1440052

You better update this thread if you do it though.
Exactly what I needed - THANK YOU! I'm definintely going to do something to get rid of the square headlights - fingers crossed the FJ60 route will work. I'm partial to Land cruisers - We have an 80 and 100 series now.

i have a 88' 4runner I have been thinkin of doing this as well, any update? any pics on installation ?
Still working to source the parts. Good headlight bezels and corner lights on EBay, but grills have been tough to find and expensive. Stay tuned.

Actually mine is just as clean, but has an ARB on it from the PO that I am planning to remove and put in an Addicted Off-road plate bumper instead:
View attachment 1440032

Here is another one that did round headlights - I like the round headlight look and am not afraid to cut the FJ60 parts to fit:
View attachment 1440031

Any ideas?

That tan 4Runner looks like it's got the grill/lights/bezels from an early 80s mini truck, not an LC. (Which makes it look sorta like its predecessor, the Toyota Trekker). Will that not work on yours or is it just preference?

'81 Trekker:
Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 10.17.55 AM.png

That tan 4Runner looks like it's got the grill/lights/bezels from an early 80s mini truck, not an LC. (Which makes it look sorta like its predecessor, the Toyota Trekker). Will that not work on yours or is it just preference?

'81 Trekker:View attachment 1457203

That looks like a far better route than FJ60 gear up front.

I would think the early round light and stuff from a earlier mini truck would be the way to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom