FJ60 Door Panels: Customizable and Affordable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rear panels there are a couple other guys on here that offer them, @reevesci is one (Trail Tailor)
Want to say City Racer and WagonGear do as well.

WagonGear.com has cool looking rear panels. Anyone doing door panels? I was thinking about hitting up Wagongear and seeing if that was something he was interested in doing. Not a product offered on his website. Need a referral if anyone has a source.

Thanks!

If you ever explore the realm of door panels I think this thread is a prime example for your market.

I'd kill for some basic aluminum blanks

Justtttt have to say it

Same @reevesci. With the 70 style upper door exposed. Make a 60 set with the upper weatherstrip and you'd make my life easy. I'd rather give 60 vendors my money anyhow than try and source the project myself end result ends up better and less time on the project as a whole.

Same @reevesci. With the 70 style upper door exposed. Make a 60 set with the upper weatherstrip and you'd make my life easy. I'd rather give 60 vendors my money anyhow than try and source the project myself end result ends up better and less time on the project as a whole.

If I make any, they would only be for the exposed uppers similar to what Jim and Paul posted on the first page (but out of 1/8" aluminum). I tried to get a few CNC router companies involved last year to make HDFB door, cargo and tailgate cards, but never got any responses. So, I gave up on that direction.

Mine would have to be fastened with speednuts and button head screws.

0809st_08_z+1992_toyota_pickup+door_panel.jpg

J- I found a guy nearby me that has a cnc router. If you'd consider doing the doors from HDFB, I'll get you his info.

If I make any, they would only be for the exposed uppers similar to what Jim and Paul posted on the first page (but out of 1/8" aluminum). I tried to get a few CNC router companies involved last year to make HDFB door, cargo and tailgate cards, but never got any responses. So, I gave up on that direction.

Mine would have to be fastened with speednuts and button head screws.

0809st_08_z+1992_toyota_pickup+door_panel.jpg

This!!! In aluminum, totally basic, I wouldn't have second thoughts purchasing

I have mine cut from some heavy duty plastic, and while they work, aluminum would be much better

I know a lot of guys like metal, but I'm tossin a hat in the ring for HDFB. However it goes, it'll be top level chit

Hmm. I think I'd go with plastic (HDPE - Kydex?) over metal. See attached photo for why. Found this on pics on a CL ad in the Phoenix area. Forsee many scratches with this setup.

FJ60 diamond plate door panel.jpg

Hmm. I think I'd go with plastic (HDPE - Kydex?) over metal. See attached photo for why. Found this on pics on a CL ad in the Phoenix area. Forsee many scratches with this setup.

View attachment 1425641

Diamond plate aluminum belongs on a toolbox on the back of a pickup... Terrible look, IMO.

J

I'd like to take the aluminum ones to a machine shop and have them ball milled to match the OEM carpet/vinyl pattern. I think that would look pretty neat. But this will be for an extremely limited client base. They will get pricey.

I'm not a fan of HDPE, it warps and ripples over time with the thinner material. I've never had any luck with it.

My offerings will be HDFB and aluminum. More than likely aluminum first.

J

Well count me in to the limited client base!

Lol. We'll see what you think when you get the price tag on four billet door cards :rofl:

It would be an epic result though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom