FJ60 Door Panels: Customizable and Affordable (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd love to have the fiberboard panels available, this is exactly along the lines of what I had in mind to do someday. I'm tapped out ATM but one of these days. Unless they're pretty cheep.
I saw a Datsun wagon on "Garage Dreams" last week that had door cards like the one J posted, but with a red line along the top of the cards that went all the way around the interior. It was instant eureka! That's what I want. But not red.:grinpimp:

I'm in for a pair of the "cheapy" AL fronts.

Definitely in on a set of 4

I'd love to have the fiberboard panels available, this is exactly along the lines of what I had in mind to do someday. I'm tapped out ATM but one of these days. Unless they're pretty cheep.
I saw a Datsun wagon on "Garage Dreams" last week that had door cards like the one J posted, but with a red line along the top of the cards that went all the way around the interior. It was instant eureka! That's what I want. But not red.:grinpimp:

J,

Let me know also when you get pricing on both kinds.

L

Not sure what the cost will be. I use 1/8"-T6 6061 aluminum and the rear cargo panel blanks I had made were a little over $165 each. Then I have shipping to me, shipping to you, hardware and then profit margins.

So "cheap" may not be an appropriate definition.

J

I've handmade several sets over the years for guys. But, CNC router would be ideal for a better cost and consistent repeatability.

J

SAM_2194.JPG

Could have used a set of those before my panel resto phase...:)

Pardon my ignorance, there are a few acronyms above I'm not familiar with. Not sure if these have been mentioned however this is the style/material I'm looking for. Any thoughts?

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG

Pretty solid and light, almost looked like carbon fiber up close.

Would the ones you are looking to produce be of similar design but with aluminum? I'm interested, just want to be clear on what the end result would look like before committing the cash. Thanks!

Pretty solid and light, almost looked like carbon fiber up close.

Would the ones you are looking to produce be of similar design but with aluminum? I'm interested, just want to be clear on what the end result would look like before committing the cash. Thanks!

Pretty much identical to what you posted, but smooth panels, no design or texture. Here is one of the (early 60) cargo panel blanks. Bad pic, but gives an idea.

J

IMG_20170202_133530917_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170205_101630720.jpg

I’d be interested any updates?

Isnt that like asking the Colonel to share the secret original fried chicken recipe?

I used to hear that all the time when I was making bumpers, "can you just sell me the CAD drawings so I can make my own bumper?" Yeah right. Most were shocked when I told them I have no CAD drawings just a notebook with all my numbers and notes.

I made a jig years ago for trx 250r wider a arms and had a couple people ask hey can i use you jig to make my arms i said no they got mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom