FJ60 Door Panels: Customizable and Affordable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What was shipping on those? Lol

What was shipping on those? Lol

I'm wondering the same thing.

Free... He ships free inside of AU so he shipped them to the US for free. I don’t know if he’ll do that again but....
He doesn’t normally sell outside of AU but I messaged him and asked him if he’d ship to the US and he said he would. He sent me an invoice and I paid for them. Super cooperative seller.

That's amazing! I would've paid that, if I still had my 60. I didn't have the originals to make a template, so I was stuck.

I as well Purchased the Full Set Toyota Land Cruiser 60 Series ABS from Australian Door Cards. I had contacted them with some Questions and Robert was super friendly and timely in his response. I ended up doing my transaction through PayPal with him vs eBay. Super easy and he shipped them out. He did a very nice job in packaging them as well for shipping. I just installed them this weekend so here are some pics.

The fit and finish is fantastic , if I didn't have to cut in my speakers these would have snapped in in a jiffy!

The only thing that I wish is f the cargo panel would have continued a bit more towards the front like the original. Not sure as to why he stopped where he did but maybe thats how the rear cargo panel is on 60's down under? Not sure when I install my carpet as to what to do with this area, but will play with it for now. I am going to ask him about it as to why and see if you can change that but otherwise they are extremely nice. Also the snaps he sent to lock the panel in place are supper nice and you can take them out as well with easy. For the price I was extremely happy with them! I think I was all in at around $380. Pics below as I am not getting ready to install carpet.

I mentioned to him that I thought many others might be interested as well.

This is his contact info: Name Robert Hulley, email is info@doorcards.com.au.

Front Door.JPG

Rear Door.JPG

Inside Rear Door.JPG

Cargo.JPG

Tail Gate.JPG

Since those dont wrap up over the door into the interior window channel, any increase in rattle (yah, I know hard to tell in a 60). Wondering if there is a solution to the upper interior window felt as a stand alone install.

Glenn in Marana

@tucson_sailors

No rattle what so every, as for the upper interior window felt, I replaced mine with the New OEM inner window felt as well. You can either purchase new or use your old inner window felt from your existing door panel. It is held on to the door panel by small little tabs that bend. Just bend them straight and it will pop out of your existing door panel. When installing the inner felt by itself on the door you will need to trim the little tabs just a bit so they will fit into the existing holes on the door so it will sit nice and flush up against the door. Then you can reach in the door with your hand and simply bend the tabs down to secure the inner felt to the door. I believe there was a thread on this as well if you do a search. In that thread the individual slightly bent the tabs to fit into the holes better. I did that on one side but the tabs where super had to bend down so on the other side I took a pair of tin snips and just shaved off a bit of the tabs to make them a hair slimmer and presto the fit and where easier to bend into position. Hope that helps.

On the front door panels there is a pre-cut vented speaker area. I just installed a new stereo system in the truck and the 5 1/4" speakers have a tweeter that sticks out a bit more than say maybe a regular speaker. My guess is that if you had a regular 5 1/4" speaker you could simply install the door panel and you would have just the pre cut speaker vent showing. With mine though I had to cut out a hole for my speaker and build a MDF spacer behind it to mount he speaker in the door. I have a speaker grill from Focal that is coming my way that will trim it out and will look nice, just haven't received it yet.

Here is a pic of what they look like if you don't have to cut a hole for your speaker.

Front Door #1.png

On the front door panels there is a pre-cut vented speaker area. I just installed a new stereo system in the truck and the 5 1/4" speakers have a tweeter that sticks out a bit more than say maybe a regular speaker. My guess is that if you had a regular 5 1/4" speaker you could simply install the door panel and you would have just the pre cut speaker vent showing. With mine though I had to cut out a hole for my speaker and build a MDF spacer behind it to mount he speaker in the door. I have a speaker grill from Focal that is coming my way that will trim it out and will look nice, just haven't received it yet.

Here is a pic of what they look like if you don't have to cut a hole for your speaker.

View attachment 1801259

If I could hug you, I would. Have been waiting for an aftermarket door panel solution for a loooong time. Just ordered a set.

IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0038.JPG
IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG
Another fun option is removing all your plastic interior trim. The body color paint is under those plastic trim pieces. Removal gives a nice utility look. As far as working with ABS, it's super easy. If you need to modify it to fit around the wiring harness or jack mount, just heat with a heat gun and form it to the shape. Once cooled it'll look OEM. If your not keeping the rear washer or jack, that space can be modified to accommodate storage, compressor or inverter. I've had my panels in for almost ten years and they're still rock solid. No discoloration, deformities or rattle.

Good luck!

IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG

Rear quarter storage area. Note: resist the urge to just place things in the quarter panel space. There is a drain hole in the bottom that will allow dust and moisture in. Tow straps and gear will get damp. Also, heavy things like shackles and pulleys may dent the exterior panel. Have fun!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom