Registry FJ55 Registry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll get some more pictures posted soon, just redoing in the interior so it's back in the garage. I've had this rig for at least 15 years. I bought it from a soldier in Fairbanks who bought it from a California doctor (who either brought it from CA or bought it in CA).

Found this old girl in the bush a few hours from me. It's pretty much rust on a frame but it may be salvageable. Has been sitting in the weather growing lichin since 03 but was fully restored a few years before that. Every panel has some sort of rust ,rockers and floor are gone .it's a 78 and the frame has less rust then my tundra. Will probably start a build thread once I get into it .
IMG_20191117_220258.jpg

Found this old girl in the bush a few hours from me. It's pretty much rust on a frame but it may be salvageable. Has been sitting in the weather growing lichin since 03 but was fully restored a few years before that. Every panel has some sort of rust ,rockers and floor are gone .it's a 78 and the frame has less rust then my tundra. Will probably start a build thread once I get into it . View attachment 2136033

Wow, how did a fully restored ‘78 get abandoned to the elements?
Crazy!

There's a lot of different meanings to the words "fully restored" and wonder if anybody checked for the husband's body in there. Worse has been threatened before. :)

Turns out they parked it on their acreage to use and moved to the city a few hours away and just left it there unused. I agree there is fully restored and "fully restored" , someone did put some love into this one at one point, has all the original bits ,16 years in BC weather will take its toll, and looks like they may have done some body filler over rust to a few of the panels, that and the windows have been half rolled down . I fell right through the floor when I sat in the drivers.

Looks like there is enough remaining to save it, nothing a few sheets of metal and some paint can't fix . plus my wife loves it... now just have to teach her to weld..

Gald someone picked this up, I saw it when Rob posted in our club section, build thread for sure!

Owners Name: David Cousineau
Year: 1969
VIN: FJ5514053
Email: dtc72@cox.net
State FJ-55 resides: Nevada
Any Modifications: Weber 32/36 Carburetor, K&N air cleaner, Man-A-Fre Chrome Exhaust Header, Man-A-Fre Fluid Heatriser, BFG K02 T/A 33x10.5 R15 Tires on Vision D Window Wheels

Bought this three months ago out of the Pacific Northwest. Original 1F engine runs/drives great. Working on a wiring issue to get all the lights working again then need to take care of the rust underneath. Got it up to 50mph yesterday!

C2305887-B717-4B5B-A9C1-EF08BEDF4F0D.jpeg
22D3E809-7D60-4328-81BC-0FB46AC6E966.jpeg
6555AD82-A907-4648-9187-DA51AAEBFF87.jpeg

Troy Leatham
vin: fj5526505
western north carolina

I am the second owner. It sat in a driveway since 1978.

my plans are to replace the hood and fenders and do all the bodywork. I am going to replace the 1f and 3 speed transmission with a 84-87 2f and 4 speed transmission. I want to do a good restoration. I am wrapping up a fj60 right now. I am new to the 55 and if anyone has any words of wisdom or knows about the conversion I want to do I am all ears and appreciate your help in advance!
AF4AC541-C559-4AED-A10C-60F24219008A.jpeg

Troy Leatham
western north carolina

my plans are to replace the hood and fenders and do all the bodywork. I am going to replace the 1f and 3 speed transmission with a 84-87 2f and 4 speed transmission. I want to do a good restoration. I am wrapping up a fj60 right now. I am new to the 55 and if anyone has any words of wisdom or knows about the conversion I want to do I am all ears and appreciate your help in advance!View attachment 2272546

Get all your weatherstripping from SloCruisers on the web and body panels from BobM.

Troy Leatham
western north carolina

my plans are to replace the hood and fenders and do all the bodywork. I am going to replace the 1f and 3 speed transmission with a 84-87 2f and 4 speed transmission. I want to do a good restoration. I am wrapping up a fj60 right now. I am new to the 55 and if anyone has any words of wisdom or knows about the conversion I want to do I am all ears and appreciate your help in advance!View attachment 2272546

Oh yeah! A SURVIVOR!!!
I can't believe she has been siting for 4 decades. Time to let that Pig prowl!!!
Will you start a thread and show us lots o pikshers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom