Registry FJ55 Registry (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, that '68 looks nice - grille marker lights and the pass side bib light looks great!
The 68 is a nice one! Everything is there, all the way down to the mint condition floor mats (all 3)

here are my two - links to their stories are in my sig line.

Arnold is the red/white
Chester is the green/white

IMG_10341.jpg
Chester-Front-view.jpg

How about an up date on those two. How are the bodies holding up to Midwest weather?

They really haven't changed much at all. They sleep in their sty from Thanksgiving until May (ish) when all the road salt gets washed from the roads (we had snow last weekend and more road salt so they'll get to sleep a while longer). I have a few odds and ends for both - Chester gets a replacement rear seat hold down (sourced from OZ) and a new rear window key switch (hoarding parts is great). Arnold gets a new coolant/washer bottle (@Racer65) and probably a new head gasket (exhaust gas in the coolant). I replaced the driver's window regulator too.

For the most part it's three pumps of the gas pedal, pull out the choke and we're off.

Dave Rushing
FJ5521334
dave.rushing@yahoo.com
North Carolina
Mods: 1978 2F, Disc brake front, 4 speed.

Current Pic 6/24/2018:
BEFC61F4-E8D3-424F-9802-32DA710F62DA.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks nice, what's your plans for her?
Plans are to get the truck running and stopping reliably and then start cutting out rust to make it less like Fred Flintstone’s car. I’m just going to let the truck tell me what it needs. If it behaves, we will keep it. If not? Who knows? I love the truck but it’s not the only LC I’ve got, so I have to spread my limited time among the others as well.

sorry my photobucket account is not workiing, looking for suggestions on a new photo sharing site.

No need for hosting account, just hit upload file and select right from pictures (assuming smart phone)

Traded my 1969 40 for a 1969 55. Wanted something a little more family friendly. Have two kids and a dog. I traded with another mud member. Overall happy with the deal. Straight up trade. 55 is in good shape. Usual issues. Rear window which I’m addressing, carburetor, center arm and steering and a small amount of rust. The truck lived it’s life in Texas which seemed to just dry everything out and make it dusty. Many of the lights didn’t work which I addressed by cleaning up the contacts to the fuse box and making sure everything was appropriately wired and fused.
The rear window is the gear for sure. The 55 is a very interesting rig. I kind of feel like it’s the original SUV. I now have it registered, titled and on the road.
We were close geographically so that worked out.

C35CD370-948F-486B-B48B-F72742D5801D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom