FJ55 f engine Carb tune issues (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One full turn doesn’t put you back in same position. Turn the motor over one rotation after your first adjustment, the other set of exhaust and intake valves will be ready to be adjusted, just like magic.
That indeed worked like magic. Now I need to figure out the best way to reinstall the VCG without any leaks.. Also, seemed the #1 lifter was making a small oil mess before I noticed. Put a rag there and was fine. Any best practices on the VCG?

Thanks!

That indeed worked like magic. Now I need to figure out the best way to reinstall the VCG without any leaks.. Also, seemed the #1 lifter was making a small oil mess before I noticed. Put a rag there and was fine. Any best practices on the VCG?

Thanks!

show me cover style you have , the LIP under it / crimp area ...

this matters MOST !

show me cover style you have , the LIP under it / crimp area ...

this matters MOST !
vcg.jpg

u brake klean off the under goove well , clean ALL oil out

- use BLACK FIPG 00295-00103

TOP SIDE of CORK ONLY

- set with 4 NEW OEM TOP SEAL grommets

- Presto !

ZERO leaks , if the cylinder head surface is Dr. office sanitary of course

the fipg holds it from sliding around and sealeas top

- as u torque even down that Sheet metal will spread !

and move

i am Extremely HAPPY this is a cut and dry now issue Diagnosed topic , its a relief to see this , :)

because if it was prefect like my PERFECT NOS one , then ;;;

you would be very un happy to have to undo all your hard work ! is my point

this is a smoking gun ...🚨

-so now u know kid gloves baby steps to final dead end stop , that there is many years at the hand of a GORILLA !

well , you now know , and also know the pre-prescribed solution too

EXCELLENT Works here : :popcorn:

so I ordered a 1/2" 6 point 14mm socket to hopefully remove these exhaust flange bolts. Ive been spraying them with PB blaster for a few days. I was planning on using an impact gun to loosen them. I did see a video of someone very slowly walking the bolt out w/ a breaker bar. What are your thought on this? goal is to remove the bolts w/o breaking them off and have a bigger project on my hands. I'll heat up the flange before using the socket/impact or breaker bar/ big 1/2 inch rachet

exhaust pipe flange.jpg

so I ordered a 1/2" 6 point 14mm socket to hopefully remove these exhaust flange bolts. Ive been spraying them with PB blaster for a few days. I was planning on using an impact gun to loosen them. I did see a video of someone very slowly walking the bolt out w/ a breaker bar. What are your thought on this? goal is to remove the bolts w/o breaking them off and have a bigger project on my hands. I'll heat up the flange before using the socket/impact or breaker bar/ big 1/2 inch rachet

View attachment 3414126

the IMPACT Gun or Breaker Bar approach is NOT the way here ............no way jose !

- u WILL snap off both , and feel bad when it occurs ....:confused:

- only OXY-HEAT applied , fast , precise , and with a removal method all mapped out in-advance is key here WILL work well ....

- below is a TECH-VIDEO of me removing Rear Axle Carrier assy/ Differential Studs , i use pre-set vice-grips very very successfully ,

- all u need to do for the moment is remove each hex nut , which BTW look larger then 14mm JIS HEX TOOL size-spec . ?

- DRY-FIT each one with a 14mm Black 3/8" drive DEEP impact socket if u can ? the 1/2" drive impact is WAY too heavy duty here ?

- do u have a 3/8" battery impact or air tools 3/8" impact by chance ?

- remember , the NUT is the enemy needing OFF now , NOT the whole STUD , that can wait till later , NO way to heat it all the way through , so DO NOT try ...

- focus on the whole CHERRY RED factor i make a point of here below , it WILL be your ONLY focus , on the HEX nut itself there above , do not focus on the male studs ,

- Rapid Expansion of HEX nut is what we want , let the stud stay as cool as possible ,,

- you follow me on this so far here ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom