fj55 axle conversions to Fj60 HELP

Calgary40

SILVER Star
I am not sure I am following what is installed - there is a front shackle reversal, but it doesn't look like the mounts were outboarded; it also doesn't look like the axle perches were altered either(?) Maybe I am missing something, I seem to be having a dense morning...

I am not sure I am following what is installed - there is a front shackle reversal, but it doesn't look like the mounts were outboarded; it also doesn't look like the axle perches were altered either(?) Maybe I am missing something, I seem to be having a dense morning...
I have no clue what they did. I may just have to start over.

Calgary40

SILVER Star
Well, like was suggested before, I'd replace the bushings, drive it and see if you like it, have any concerns and go from there - it is interesting though

I noticed that the leaf pack has a clip that looks like its been opened and not fully closed - so leafs could have been added or removed from that pack. I also wonder if you don't in fact have original axles, or, if its an earlier truck post 1975+ 40/55 disc axles.

Man, that is some sh*t right there. Doesn’t even make sense to me.
Doesn’t look like the perches have been changed (driver front). Doesn’t even look like the hangers were outboarded. Looks a lot like @gonzopancho ’s rig when he first got it.
If I were you I’d take it to a competent fabricator and have that junk hacked off and start over.

gonzopancho

SILVER Star
Man, that is some sh*t right there. Doesn’t even make sense to me.
Doesn’t look like the perches have been changed (driver front). Doesn’t even look like the hangers were outboarded. Looks a lot like @gonzopancho ’s rig when he first got it.
If I were you I’d take it to a competent fabricator and have that junk hacked off and start over.
Agree, but it was like that when @Cruiser Innovations got it, not when I got it. He fixed those bits. Not me. I actually have those fj55 axles still (with the perches setup for SOA) if someone wants them.

Actually, mine looked worse in 2012 (I didn’t own it then.)

Agree, but it was like that when @Cruiser Innovations got it, not when I got it. He fixed those bits. Not me. I actually have those fj55 axles still (with the perches setup for SOA) if someone wants them.

Actually, mine looked worse in 2012 (I didn’t own it then.)

Yes, thanks for that correction. For some reason I was thinking Cruiser Innovations did that work for you. It’s been a couple days since I’ve scrolled through that thread.

Just go back to 55 axles and a proper 55 lift kit.
That looks better and proper on a 55.
60 axles push the tires out past the fenders....not a good look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom