FJ40 Wire Harness Reference - December 1978 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
I emailed Performance Distributors. Here is what they said below. Why wouldn't this work?
>>>

No relay is needed. Just a 12 gauge wire from the starter solenoid to the distributor is all you need to power the DUI.

Question is: what do they mean by "short amount of time" and what is the actual peak current? Might a properly rated slow blow fuse or circuit breaker work?

Yes a properly sized slow blow fuse could be used instead of a fusible link. I would think that the 25 amp surge mentioned on the Chevy forum is probably accurate and as for how long is a short duration? I would figure a second or two at the most.

Yes a relay would take the load off the key switch contacts. Keep in mind Toyota designed the OEM key switch contacts to handle the load a OEM ignition puts on them, NOT the DUI!

I would use at least an automotive rated (wide temp range and SEALED) 40 amp relay. Hella makes an excellent sealed relay and socket set. I can order you one if you want. Send me a PM about this.

can someone PM me with this spreadsheet, google docs is requesting permission, thanks

Or just post a version in excel...

And what does it mean when that pink wire is getting HOT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom