For Sale FJ40 Split Rear Barn Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a 1979 FJ40. It came with a set of split rear barn doors in very good condition. Minimal surface rust. Hinges and latches seem to be in good working order. I have no need for them. Shipping available (or local pick up in NJ/NY area) . Serious offers only. Thanks

IMG_3207[1].JPEG

IMG_3208[1].JPEG

IMG_3209[1].JPEG

IMG_3210[1].JPEG

IMG_3217[1].JPEG

Pics of the inside along the bottoms are always helpful, as that is a common failure point in the doors.

Always nice to see when newer folks like @bmoonhajjar or @kevos37 step up with a helpful hand.

Last edited:
As Brian mentioned, establishing a price for these will get the ball rolling. Only using EBay for a reference on like items will only give you a slanted perspective, check the sold side of ebay. See what they are selling for. Also look on Ih8mud for recent sales.

I see there are rust holes. That is also a determining factor.

Good luck with your sale.

KevO

Last edited:
Based on the known rust holes (which always lead to more hidden holes with a little picking) as well as other pairs of more solid ones available on MUD, you're probably in the $400 max price range. Just my $0.02...............oh and Welcome to MUD ;)

Last edited:
Based on the known rust holes (which always lead to more hidden holes with a little picking) as well as other pairs of more solid ones available on MUD, you're probably in the $400 max price range. Just my $0.02...............oh and Welcome to MUD ;)
I sold a set of these in better condition for $400 + ship within the last year.

I recently (within last 6 months) bought a set here on mud that had been blasted so at least all holes were exposed- in comparable (slightly better) condition to these(not including the tag bracket) for 325 plus shipping.

That's nice, some recent sales. Going back in your thread, you mentioned the individual you bought them from said you could get 1K for them. You know.... that's the crack pipe talkin.

The biggest red flag is a newbie posting minimal surface rust, and no pics of the rust through!!! Great way to earn trust In a forum! Trying to cash in with an inflated never sell anything ebay wishful thinking price point!!

Tough crowd lol. No need to sell, just testing the waters. Anywheres here’s my new rig, I’m new to the community but looking forward to learning

View attachment 3071630

View attachment 3071631
A few months after joining Pirate 4x4 in 2003 I got a piece of sage advice from @TRT2 about paying attention to things like time stamps. There is a noticeable correlation between happy hour and the tendency of certain people to become keyboard cowboys. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom