Builds Fj40 Daily and Wheeler build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have quickly set forth with reassembly and worked carefully on the flares. I used a harbor freight hole set to put holes in the flare gasket. For screws that go into the aluminium aqualu recommended loctite on the threads to prevent electrolysis. I tried to get purple but Napa had no idea their was such a thing so I used blue
20170829_184556-756x1008.jpg

20170828_191729-756x1008.jpg

That looks real sharp!! That really Compliments all of the work you have done, Nice truck !!
JP

That looks real sharp!! That really Compliments all of the work you have done, Nice truck !!
JP
Thx for the compliment boatman. I really appreciate it. BTW, your little pic looks like u have a cruiser that's the same color as mine. U got a build thread or some pics?

Flares are on, I tried to make it so it's not obvious the wheelbase is stretched. I'm glad I went with the flares. Still on the fence if I should paint them blue or leave black.
20170828_195352-1008x756.jpg
20170828_200506-1008x756.jpg

Here it is overall so far. I used stainless 6x1.0 screws for the flares. I also had a new OEM windshield and gasket installed through my insurance:beer:
20170828_195301-1008x756.jpg
20170828_200302-1612x1209.jpg
20170828_201236-1612x1209.jpg

Flares are on, I tried to make it so it's not obvious the wheelbase is stretched. I'm glad I went with the flares. Still on the fence if I should paint them blue or leave black.View attachment 1527376 View attachment 1527377
Here it is overall so far. I used stainless 6x1.0 screws for the flares. I also had a new OEM windshield and gasket installed through my insurance:beer:
View attachment 1527379 View attachment 1527380 View attachment 1527381

Looks awesome. I really like the black flare and ss.

Wow, that looks killer! Great job.

I dig the black fender flares, they look good with some meaty tires like you have. Looks a bit more rugged IMHO.

What shop did you use for paint, that looks great. Love the white stripe.

looking good man!

flares look awesome in black, but i can hear what your saying about painting em blue. have you thought about rendering a pic of them in blue?

Wow, that looks killer! Great job.

I dig the black fender flares, they look good with some meaty tires like you have. Looks a bit more rugged IMHO.

What shop did you use for paint, that looks great. Love the white stripe.
Thank you. I used absolute auto care in Englewood. It's just a small family owned body shop. He has installed and painted several aqualu tubs.

Thanks man. I took photoshop classes in school, but have long forgotten how to use it.
give me a couple hours, will see what i can do. wont be any thing fancy, but will at least give you and idea

give me a couple hours, will see what i can do. wont be any thing fancy, but will at least give you and idea
I still think they look better in blue.
They will blend in more and look more in line with the front fenders.

Looks great either way!

Do you have any issues with your exhaust running between the frame and the leafs?

Reason I am asking is because I ran mine the same way, tucked close against the frame.

Looks Awesome!!!

Definitely leave the flares black! If you ever get tired of them and want to change the look they can be painted down the road.

I just picked up that same Harbor Freight hole punch set yesterday...works great to punch out holes for diy gaskets!

Looks great either way!

Do you have any issues with your exhaust running between the frame and the leafs?

Reason I am asking is because I ran mine the same way, tucked close against the frame.

Looks Awesome!!!
Thanks man! I have had a bit of trouble with the tire rubbing during suspension flexed out-especially when I had the stock width axles. With the new axles not so much. I used the torch to get a section of the pipe red hot then I was able to tweak with a pry bar a few inches to get it to the sweet spot where the tire and suspension doesn't hit.
Obscenely cool 40 white stripe:cool:

Are you testing mirrors or do you run with both?
Thank you sir for the compliment! I have been running soft doors, but to get the 3/4 tub lined up right I threw the hard doors on. I left them on for the body shop for painting the Stripe, all the shop painted was the 3/4 tub. The rest is old paint, which saved me a lot of money. If I keep the hard doors on I'll take the windshield mount mirror off. It is nice to have locking doors, but the weatherstripping and latches are toast so I would have to spend a bit to use them without rattling like crazy.
Definitely leave the flares black! If you ever get tired of them and want to change the look they can be painted down the road.

I just picked up that same Harbor Freight hole punch set yesterday...works great to punch out holes for diy gaskets!
That's a good point, I can always paint them later.
They are awesome and work well for the 3 or 4 times a year i will use them. I've been using them in my drill at high speed and it seems to make for a complete cut with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom