1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fj40 Daily and Wheeler build

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by White Stripe, Dec 28, 2014.

1. fjfodee

fjfodee At a Medium Pace SILVER Star

May have missed it somewhere, you running a body lift? How much?

2. White Stripe

White Stripe

I have a 2 inch body lift. Once everything is all together it's pretty tough to notice. I used to hate body lifts. But I really like them if done carefully now.

fjfodee likes this.
  3. cruisedeisel

cruisedeisel Toyota's for life

I never look in the 40 section because I don't own one but.... My first cruiser was a spring over baby blue fj40. Your truck is sick and looks amazing! Why didn't YOU truss that rear 80 series axle?

4. White Stripe

White Stripe

Thanks for the compliment man. I was on the fence about a rear truss when I installed the axle. What led me to not truss it is that the rear of a 40 is pretty light, and I don't really carry a lot of weight back their, usually 2 people and 100lbs of tools and maybe a cooler, thats about it.

5. franklin40

franklin40 SILVER Star

i may have missed the details but exactly which rover did those jump seats come from? i really like the way they look

6. White Stripe

White Stripe

They are 3rd row jump seats from a older discovery.
    Land Rover jump seats

tugcapt1 likes this.
  7. franklin40

franklin40 SILVER Star

yes i recall reading your thread on those. just didn't remember it was you!! thanks for that link

White Stripe likes this.
  8. White Stripe

White Stripe

Reinstalled my center console and it's locker switches. I also replumbed the rear locker. I was a bit hesitant to go on a trail without a traction bar, but I just took it easy. The rear springs appeared to settle some from the little bit of a workout the trail gave them. The trail had a ton of brush. The tires for the most part protected the paint. Up high though the soft top windows took a beating and have some new scratches.Not much I can do about it. I'm glad I went on this easier trail run, I was able to find some bugs which need worked out. Im glad i ran the soft top, it poured rain the second half of the day. 20170907_191914.jpg 20170910_094131.jpg View attachment 1534899
    20170910_223624.jpg
    It was cool being on the trail with so many 40s. A few guys were curious about the aluminum tub. Especially guys with the 79+ models as they are more rust prone. But the aqualu 3/4 tub is quite a bit different and more complex for those models. My next step is install sliders and traction bar.

G-Cat, fjdiesel and mrboatman like this.
  9. White Stripe

White Stripe

My first rendition of a traction bar I messed up. So this is traction bar 2. Hopefully this works. I've also been looking into getting air conditioning. I think I'm going to go with vintage air. Interestingly Icon is now using vintage air on their 40s instead of old air products. Supposedly they found the old air stuff not near as efficient as vintage air.
    20170920_211254-1209x1612.jpg