Builds FJ 45 Extended Cab Custom Vehicle Build Finally Begins (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll bet you could come out of the engine bay under the fender and then route it up through the fender towards the windshield frame. The fender has an angle to it when it goes from horizontal to downward that would allow full compression of the wheel without hitting any ducting.

I think.

Pics of the Bed as I got it.

Modifications will begin when I get a few other projects wrapped up this morning.
DSCF4598.JPG
DSCF4599.JPG
DSCF4597.JPG

Can't wait to see what it looks like with the bed on it. Then it'll be a 45!!

That will look great once its cut and sitting a little inside the swing out carriers. Are you going to lower it more?

Are you essentially just using the bedsides and tieing it all to the existing tube/aluminum floor? or are you gonna remove the aluminum and just use the tube to support the bed? Looks 100X better than before w/ the bed on there. :)

When FC187 at FC Fabrication and I went over the original design, the tubed flat bed was made so the FJ45SWB bed will attach to the top and side portion of the tube structure.

We used the measurements from a different FJ45 to get the height correct.

Are you essentially just using the bedsides and tieing it all to the existing tube/aluminum floor? or are you gonna remove the aluminum and just use the tube to support the bed? Looks 100X better than before w/ the bed on there. :)

The aluminum was added just to haul stuff for SnT. It will be coming off when the bed gets a little closer to final install.

The top rail of the bed and the top rail of the body tub will line up. The factory bed mounts as pictured above will be removed and it will lower it 3" to 4" inches.

Right now the rear wheelwells just about line up horizontally with the front fenders. Would you want the rear to be any lower?

Since there is no weight in the back of the rig. It is a little high in the back. It kinda gives it the "Rat Rod" stance.

haha, righton! the "zebranator" lives!!!! :cheers:

that's gonna look sweet dan, and then people can stop bitching about this not being a 45. purists:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom