first gen 4runner dash question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just out of curiosity, what does a 4runner gauge set go for on average?

i found a guy on the forum, foxfab, that would sell me his dash. it has a couple of cracks, but its in a lot better condition than mine.
however, it does have the holes punched in it for the inclinometer/altimeter set. so i would need to conveniently procure one of those as well.

there is one on ebay, but its up to 129 bucks already with 4 days left. is that what they go for? i got the same exact looking thing for my 89 pathfinder for 60 bucks!!

btw, for some reason the tercel vs. 4runner gauge set pics wont show up while im at work, but when you say tercel, this is what i pictured...
1986 Toyota Tercel Picture

but after tooling through google image there are infact pictures of ppl wheeling this thing. holy s***!

another question,

a lot of people claiming to sell a "stock" inclinometer gauge set out of a 4runner have the tercel style one. not the jdm one with the actual 4runner picture on it.

does that mean it was an aftermarket install, or did toyota actually put the tercel gauge set in the 4runners from the factory for sale in the US?

Yes, the 4Runners came with a set that had pictures of a Tercel on it, however the 4Runner set has an altimeter, while the Tercel set has a 4wd indicator along with the tilt gauges.

Do a search for 4Runner inclinometer and Tercel inclinometer :cheers:

ok but are they worth 150-200 bucks? i mean is that what they go for?

ok but are they worth 150-200 bucks? i mean is that what they go for?
hard to tell, I've seen 'em go for as low as 50 on flea-bay, it just depends on the seller. The frustrating thing about Toyota trucks is their friggin' quality seems to give sellers free reign to mark up their prices crazy-high.
Just surf the interweb for any at a reasonable price, or see if a JDM importer can hook you up with something. Best of luck in your quest.

Bryan, if you think it is too much, than keep searching, do not pay too much for something you will not be happy with. in other words what is it worth to you!

I got mine for $60 shipped off of a member on yotatech. Look at posts where people are parting out trucks. Also check pirate. Most hardcore wheelers could care less about them. They really aren't going to help you if your weheelin' in the Rubicon. More of a aesthetic piece to me. I bought it to convert my bare bones rig to an SR5.

I'm probably gonna start tearing out the interior in my truck this weekend, I have a red interior that I'm converting to gray. The top dash pad is in good shape, not perfect though, a couple of small cracks. If anybody wants any of the red parts, let me know, you can have them for shipping cost.

Interior1.jpg

you promised me the dash:flipoff2:
I'm probably gonna start tearing out the interior in my truck this weekend, I have a red interior that I'm converting to gray. The top dash pad is in good shape, not perfect though, a couple of small cracks. If anybody wants any of the red parts, let me know, you can have them for shipping cost.

Interior1.jpg

Just keep your eyes open for a used one.

I replaced mine with a good condition brown one... then again when I bought an inclinometer with a perfect shape dash.

They are out there.

Anybody else? I'm not saving any of the red stuff, it's all going to the trash.

I'll try to find a box big enough for the glove box door, then let you know. I gave away the center console awhile ago, sorry.

you promised me the dash:flipoff2:

Geez, I think you're right, I remember now. What pieces do you want?

:lol:just the dash pad

KLF, I think he has an 84 4Runner and IIRC, that means that the dash pads are slightly different to an 87. He will need both sides of the dash, instrument cluster and passenger side to make it fit correctly. Of course I could be remembering incorrectly. Maybe it was only 88 and 89 that were different?

eagle, i have an 86 dash pad in my 84, and the damn thing cracked with in a year of putting it in. any how i did not change, any thing but the pad and it fit fine.

eagle, i have an 86 dash pad in my 84, and the damn thing cracked with in a year of putting it in. any how i did not change, any thing but the pad and it fit fine.

I'm pretty sure that 84 through 86 4Runners all had the same dash so I'm not surprised that it fit. I'm also pretty sure that 88 and 89 4Runners had a slightly different pad. It will fit but it doesn't mate perfectly with the console pad. Therefore it's best if you change them both.

What I cannot remember is which category the 87's fall into. I also seem to recall that the pickups changed at slightly different times than the 4Runners but, again, the details escape me.

i think 87 are the same as 86, at least i seen no difference, between them, and i have some 87 dash stuff out in the building, but the pad was really bad, as the truck it came out of was rolled, and set for a few years with a busted windshield.

WDE is correct, there was a change, and I believe it was at the end of '86, or perhaps mid-year. I have both parts (pad and cluster bezel) in gray from my old '84 and another '87 in my parts stash, they are different. The earlier bezel is more angular, and the "tray" section in the pad is much longer. They are a matched set, you can't mix them, the profile of the pad where it meets the bezel is very different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom