First FJ40 build in a long time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think you're right, good catch

I hate it when I forget to proof read...

fixed............

As long as you didn't adjust them that way you're fine, thanks

Nope. Just a stupid typo. I've got over 200 miles on the correct adjustment. It runs and sounds great. It sure wouldn't the other way would it?

This post is just a collection of different updates.

The family has forwarded a request from the two boys.. "Can we go to the first day of school in the Cruiser?"
That's two future Cruiser lover/owners in the making! My two girls are grown and at least one of them is determined to own one at some point still.

The guy that bought the GRNMCHN has sold a chunk of his jeep collection and LOVE'S the FJ40. He's done a great job cleaning it up and making it his new farm implement. Complete with 30gal sprayer mounted in the back. Another one bites the dust...

The to do list shortens but all most all of it is wiring related. Cramp! Worst of it is that I now have a small drain on the battery. Oddly enough, it's not in the back where most problems are.

I just can't help but share progress in the '32. Here's the engine getting it's much needed paint job.

Hemi paint.jpg

Reactions: SMG
DELIVERED!

A few things to get done but they can wait. I'm headed out to the Woodward Cruise this week and Lee helped take the top off yesterday and drove home in the new Cruiser. I suspect the boys will be riding in it to school soon. I took the first spin around the pasture in it after the top came off. YES!!! Old times!

IMG_2883.JPG

Not a word. I know it needs a few more tweaks but he never brought it back. Either too happy or too busy.

Ok, I'll ship you mine next ;)

I haven't been on here in a very long time but I know some of you that kept up with this liked the extra curricular entertainment I posted. Here's the latest news for those of you who are interested.

Cash ran dry for a long time but it's beginning to smooth out. So here's the latest on the '32 and it should only be a few months before it's drivable. I love it when things start to come together right...

Hemi In Car 4.jpg
Hemi In Car 1.jpg

When it's done and if I'm up there when the Cruise is happening...... You betcha.

I do believe it will be in the Autorama next spring though! If it occurs to me in time, I'll post the commitment here. (No promises.)

Love the '32. We typically check out the Woodward action during the week, the weekend is too busy. I may be taking my '70 Pontiac TA we just finished to Autorama and/or the 951 CTSV this year.

IMG_2096.JPG

Keep your fingers crossed...

...I just got asked if I wanted another FJ40 restoration job. Meeting with the guy next week. Not as big a job as 2NDCHNC was but a Cruiser never the less. Stay tuned.

By the way, Lee still hasn't registered his FJ40 with the county... Unbelievable! I started on the truck nearly 4 years ago.

Not a done deal yet but...

The guy came by the distillery today... without the Cruiser! We did talk a while and got along very well I thought. Glad I can still say enough for people to realize I know more about their truck that they do. He showed me pictures of the '73 FJ40 South Carolina truck. Yep. Salty air and looks like plenty of rust. Even on his phone. He's going to bring it to me to see next week.

Our agreement at this point is for me to come up with several different plans after I give it a once-over. Maybe a multi level plan to do the truck in stages. I'm pretty sure he can afford to fix this truck but, "I don't want a show truck" came out while we were talking. Hmmm. "No frame-off" and no spending 40k... I get it.

If I can get past the tire kicking we both will do and start talking plan A and B, I'll create a new thread and post shots and ask for everyone's opinion on what the options are.

If I had to guess, I'd say... Disc brakes, a better carb, maybe some version of the cheaper power steering conversion, and some cosmetic upgrades that could be easily removed and replaced if a deeper restoration came later. Like redo the seats (if they're bad) and some old lights and things. Oh, it sounds like the top has never been removed and he's tried without success in removing it.

I'm rambling, more later.

Not a done deal yet but...

The guy came by the distillery today... without the Cruiser! We did talk a while and got along very well I thought. Glad I can still say enough for people to realize I know more about their truck that they do. He showed me pictures of the '73 FJ40 South Carolina truck. Yep. Salty air and looks like plenty of rust. Even on his phone. He's going to bring it to me to see next week.

Our agreement at this point is for me to come up with several different plans after I give it a once-over. Maybe a multi level plan to do the truck in stages. I'm pretty sure he can afford to fix this truck but, "I don't want a show truck" came out while we were talking. Hmmm. "No frame-off" and no spending 40k... I get it.

If I can get past the tire kicking we both will do and start talking plan A and B, I'll create a new thread and post shots and ask for everyone's opinion on what the options are.

If I had to guess, I'd say... Disc brakes, a better carb, maybe some version of the cheaper power steering conversion, and some cosmetic upgrades that could be easily removed and replaced if a deeper restoration came later. Like redo the seats (if they're bad) and some old lights and things. Oh, it sounds like the top has never been removed and he's tried without success in removing it.

I'm rambling, more later.

That sounds exciting and like the correct way to do a build and help someone out. I read horror stories of people that drop them off somewhere and 50k later they still have a ways to go and didn't realize how much they would be in for.

If you posted your thought process and reasoning behind the different levels of plans as you talk to him im sure many of us could learn from it.
I bet im like many that didnt realize how far these projects can go or need to go when I bought mine.
I look forward to your project thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom