Finally! Pleasing, Warm LEDs for Interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree with this particular application ^^^^ I had some of these type laying around and installed one in the cargo area. It's a good spot to have a very bright and useful light.

Mark, good thread buddy!

Appreciate you guys throwing in these warmer LEDs, I'm a flashlight guy and even though I love some of my LEDs my real love is the warmer tinted units. And even my regular incans get love a lot.

I have two of these coming for my hundy, however I am going to get the first mentioned warm wedge base bulbs for all the other lights. I have a red one for the drivers map light already. But all the warmer ones installed in the doors and the tag lights will be great and help the current in the old rig even better.

Thanks again to the OP, I just happened to jump into the 200 section to dream a little and see about a rig I hope to own one day. Lol...

What's the trick for getting the door lights off/opened up to swap bulbs? I didn't see a little slot like the domes...

copied from post #9 in this thread:

Also... Some light sockets are must be inserted only one way. So if it doesn't light up...just flip it and try again.

-The door light covers pop out most easily if you pry upward from the lower edge.

still fiddling with the door lights on mine, the only ones to not work after the install.....

^^^ Thanks Tex, admittedly I didn't reread this great thread. I popped all the other lights in last night in 5 minutes. It was getting late and just glanced around the door lights but they seemed in there pretty good.

You going to Camelback Toyota show and shine tomorrow?

Yeah, dropping off furniture at wife's office next door then headed over. should be there by 11:30 ish...
kinda pissed at local powder coater for not ordering material for prinsu rack. was hoping to have it back and installed for tomorrow.

^^^ Thanks Tex, admittedly I didn't reread this great thread. I popped all the other lights in last night in 5 minutes. It was getting late and just glanced around the door lights but they seemed in there pretty good.

You going to Camelback Toyota show and shine tomorrow?

With the door light covers, they are basically like a wide, 90 degree L shape that's curved. It helps if you think of squeezing their upper and lower edges inward toward each other as you remove. You will NOT break them, so don't be afraid to really squeeze & pry them.

Thx Mark.

Too bad on the rack Tex. It looks to be a massive turn out, better than last year. It's going to look like a land cruiser dealership, solely. We'll take the 200 I think, not bringing both, see you there!

^^^ um, what? There are no screws for this chore, you're over complicating it perhaps. Only the lens of the lights come off.

So the door lights only took 5 minutes as well. I did use a plastic trim tool as i could see where a screw driver could cause issues.

Two notes. The lights could be more "warmer" but they are adequate and i like the super low power draw.
2, the leds, while they fit the door plugs tightly, time will tell if they jiggle free, since they don't seat to the bottom of the plug.

There are no screws for this chore, you're over complicating it perhaps. Only the lens of the lights come off.

Duh... Guess I should've asked this in the "Stupid Question of the Day" Thread. I just went and did what you suggested in 30 seconds!

So... for 10 bucks ($20 if you want all 12, which would include the second map lights of the 2nd row seating lights that only come on with a button press-- and 8 spares)...you can replace the 4 bulbs in front console...the 4 in the second row ceiling...and two of the doors! I'm going to grab one more set to complete the other two doors, and keep some extras.

You mention 4 bulbs in the front console. I changes the two in the front row overhead but what other 2 are you referring to?

You mention 4 bulbs in the front console. I changes the two in the front row overhead but what other 2 are you referring to?

That's funny because even with all the posts and responses in this thread, no one noticed that goof, including me.

Maybe I was thinking 4 in front...but that would include the doors...

The kit I bought included an LED for the glove box. However, I have no idea how to get to it. Anyone replace their glove box light?

The kit I bought included an LED for the glove box. However, I have no idea how to get to it. Anyone replace their glove box light?
Yea, I recommend just following the links in the service manual. The link is right to the glove box light removal.

GSIC - Global Service Information Center

It's not hard, just take you time. Have to remove the passenger knee air bag, the dash knee pad, some other trim pieces, then the glove box itself. On the side of the glove box, there is a cage built to protect the bulb, take that apart and reassemble.

It's not hard, just take you time. Have to remove the passenger knee air bag, the dash knee pad, some other trim pieces, then the glove box itself. On the side of the glove box, there is a cage built to protect the bulb, take that apart and reassemble.

Considering how little I use that bulb I think I'll just skip it. :)

That's what I did. Took one look at that buried bulb and said "Nope, not that important"
Yea, I pushed it off for a few months when I figured how much work it was.

But I charge battery packs and keep the winch controller in the glove box, so I put the brightest Putco LED I could in there to see clearly at night.

It's so bright in the glove box now, it's like some one left a sure fire flashlight on in there.

I think I may have blown the fuse for the door lights... they were all working, went to replace the first bulb then they all cut off. All the interior ones went in no problem.

I did that same thing. Get some mini fuses from autozone. It's probably the tall fuse below

20161231_120651.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom