Finally! Pleasing, Warm LEDs for Interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tried this out - replaced all the bulbs in the 200 with your recommendations. Very easy to do and the bulb color is excellent - not harsh or blue. I agree, not Super bright, just a little brighter than the stock bulbs. I am happy with them, thank you for doing the research and posting it!

I may consider some brighter lights in the doors in the future, seems it would be nice if there was more light down low when the door is open. Hunting for something the kid chucked out the door in the dark seems to happen more frequently than I would like!

thanks all - just ordered them up..... agree on the typical LED not being desirable but these look far better..... more in the 4k range than the typical 6-7k blue light....

E

Right. These lights work in all four doors, and all interior light sockets except the cargo light.

But...
I'm not sure what you're after. Why does it need to be a package deal?
These lights are ridiculously cheap, and look GREAT...feel just right to me.
But if you are looking for SUPER bright? These are [EDIT: NOT] those. I don't like being blinded while driving, so I was looking for natural-looking LED light that was brighter...but not blinding.

The rear light is a separate purchase...yes. For for about $10, you can put these in every other spot.
For the rear, I used this:

http://www.amazon.com/LEDKINGDOMUS-...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Very inexpensive, and easily brighter than stock.

M
Hey buddy - Is this the lnk for the rear lights that you could not find in your first post? I'm ready to order and wanted to double check with you before I spent my last $10
thanks

Hey buddy - Is this the lnk for the rear lights that you could not find in your first post? I'm ready to order and wanted to double check with you before I spent my last $10
thanks

I believe so, but I think that might still be a tiny bit too long... I know that I had to shave a bit of the points off to get the light into a very short bracket in the cargo unit. I think it needs to be just 1"... I'd bet you can Dremel that one down a smidge like I did...

I believe so, but I think that might still be a tiny bit too long... I know that I had to shave a bit of the points off to get the light into a very short bracket in the cargo unit. I think it needs to be just 1"... I'd bet you can Dremel that one down a smidge like I did...
cool deal - just got a new dremel so that's perfect then!
thanks man

You know you are really personalizing your rig when you break out the Dremel!

Burned up my first dremel on this rig - bought a more powerful one this time around...lol

@Markuson how did you get the covers of these lights? Located on the external underside of the rear hatch release I could use brute force as a last resort.

IMG_0842.JPG

@Markuson how did you get the covers of these lights? Located on the external underside of the rear hatch release I could use brute force as a last resort.

View attachment 1349809

Heh... Those are the only lights I haven't messed with. Funny bc they sorta escaped my brain completely...

Aren't those just the license plate lights?

Fair enough. Brute force it is

Yep, brute force is required. I used a plastic putty knife / panel popper and then re-applied with a marine silicon sealant since it is exposed to the elements.

Easy peasy
Looked it up. Trim tool to push one pin in and that one releases then twist and it comes off. Look at the last pick. Point of attack is shown.

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

No they do not. Threw me off for a minute then I started the truck and they came on. One function only I guess....really it was pointless for my application because after I finished I swung my tire carrier close, latched it and my handy work was covered up ... lol

No they do not. Threw me off for a minute then I started the truck and they came on. One function only I guess....really it was pointless for my application because after I finished I swung my tire carrier close, latched it and my handy work was covered up ... lol

LOL! (actually out loud!) :grinpimp:

Hi Markuson. I'm having a little issue with the 2nd row lights and wondering if you had a picture of the wires "hugging" the outside. Been trying different "hugs" to no avail. Thanks!

*Edit - never mind, got it to work. Thanks again for a great mod!

Last edited:
Hi Markuson. I'm having a little issue with the 2nd row lights and wondering if you had a picture of the wires "hugging" the outside. Been trying different "hugs" to no avail. Thanks!

*Edit - never mind, got it to work. Thanks again for a great mod!

Ya, they tend to sit a little close to the plastic sometimes, but on mine, I just bent them outward slightly (so they stick out a bit from the bulb housing and then insert) and they've been great since install. Is that what you did to solve it too? I have a feeling that's a pretty common thing...?

I installed one of these in the third row area. It's super bright and lights up the whole rear cargo area very well. This LED was a two pack but only one of the 5050-48 will fit. Amazon.com: Cutequeen Trading 2PCS White 5050 48SMD 48-SMD LED Panel Dome Light Lamp + T10 BA9S Festoon Adapter (pack of 2): Automotive

I agree with this particular application ^^^^ I had some of these type laying around and installed one in the cargo area. It's a good spot to have a very bright and useful light.

Mark, good thread buddy!

Ya, they tend to sit a little close to the plastic sometimes, but on mine, I just bent them outward slightly (so they stick out a bit from the bulb housing and then insert) and they've been great since install. Is that what you did to solve it too? I have a feeling that's a pretty common thing...?

Yeah exactly. I got them to work after fiddling with them a little more after posting. Now I'm just waiting for that last light in the back to be complete. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom