Finally in the 200 series…. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rex in bama

SILVER Star
Threads
Have been admiring the 200 generation for some time and looking for a low mileage candidate, so had to jump on this 53k mile southern car when I saw it (and with mods already on that I would have added in short order). My go to rack would have been the rhino I have on my GX, but this gamiviti looks like solid hardware. Interested to see if anyone has used large Plano boxes with it, or what the best awning brackets are.

IMG_5789.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey congrats and welcome! I love the plano bins since you can waterproof them by installing a weatherstrip on the lid, and the lash points are on the body of the bin so you can still access its contents.

Hey congrats and welcome! I love the plano bins since you can waterproof them by installing a weatherstrip on the lid, and the lash points are on the body of the bin so you can still access its contents.
Yes, other than the wind resistance, they are great overhead bins and have water proofed mine, as well.

Have been admiring the 200 generation for some time and looking for a low mileage candidate, so had to jump on this 53k mile southern car when I saw it (and with mods already on that I would have added in short order). My go to rack would have been the rhino I have on my GX, but this gamiviti looks like solid hardware. Interested to see if anyone has used large Plano boxes with it, or what the best awning brackets are.

View attachment 3410340
Gamiviti sells all sorts of brackets. Message @nakman

thanks for the tag!

@rex in bama congrats on the pickup! Check out this page for mounting cases: Case Installs — Gamiviti - https://www.gamiviti.com/case-installs and this page for awning brackets: Roof Rack Receivers — Gamiviti - https://www.gamiviti.com/roof-rack-receivers

feel free to PM/email with any questions. 🍻
Will do and thanks for the links! Your product looks and feels like top notch quality (solid, clean welds, nice powder coat, etc.). Looking forward to putting it to use! Not, however , looking forward to scratches on this black truck - the one drawback. Gonna be taking it a bit easy on tighter trails

Hey @rex in bama welcome!

Can you tell me what sliders those are by any chance?

Or any other eagle eyes here. I don’t remember seeing those before.

@AnyMal Have been meaning to contact the shop that installed them for the PO to find out. Have not shopped 200 series sliders, but they look like they might be bolt on Bud Built, w/o the kickout and with diamond plate? My wife likes them because they have a step with decent width.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom