Finally have a tag and title (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Wow what an experience at the DMV. Had to come up with a bill of sale:rolleyes: , pay taxes. Involved two trips to the DMV and one to the tax office. standing in 4 lines only took 3 hrs. Found out a title issued in 1983 is not referenced in their computer. Had to get Columbia to fax info on it.

But finally have a title and tag for the pig so it might be possible to drive it this weekend. Assuming I get the clutch hydralics fixed and a muffler and bleed all the brakes and make sure they woork and drain and replace all the other fluids. LOL. I'm using a boat gas tank until the original one it through.

Ah, the good old DMV in SC sounds just like the DMV in NC. :mad:

Went to register, tag and title the most recent 97 80 series a few weeks ago (I should know how this works by now, right???)...

After 3 trips to the DMV, 4.5 hours in line and too many tedious errands around town to list, it's good to go.

I can't accurately express my disdain for the DMV...

Glad you're good to go, Marshall. Take plenty of pics of the maiden voyage to Aunt Sue's, sorry I won't be there to see it!!!

take a number please

Trollhole said:
Wow what an experience at the DMV. Had to come up with a bill of sale:rolleyes: , pay taxes. Involved two trips to the DMV and one to the tax office. standing in 4 lines only took 3 hrs. Found out a title issued in 1983 is not referenced in their computer. Had to get Columbia to fax info on it.

But finally have a title and tag for the pig so it might be possible to drive it this weekend. Assuming I get the clutch hydralics fixed and a muffler and bleed all the brakes and make sure they woork and drain and replace all the other fluids. LOL. I'm using a boat gas tank until the original one it through.

I hate to mention it, but I'll bet FJ55 was available as a custom plate.

Nothing could be finer
FJ55
South Carolina

Congrats on weathering the DMV rat maze. At least it was more than cheeze at the finish line. :grinpimp:

Congrats. I know how tedious the DMV can be and hate going there.

They lady never even looked up in GA when I got my 55 swapped over :)

Sorry to hear that it took you so long Marshall. Took me maybe 20 min including driving time to get taxes and tags/title for the Bel Air. (I guess that is yet another benefit of living in a small town :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom