Events/Trails Fifth Annual 70 Series Meet and Greet, September 26th - 29th, 2019 Windrock Park (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We've come a long ways in a short period of time. During the first couple of events we had NO 75 Series Troopies or 77 Series attend. We darn sure didn't have a 79 Series. Now we have quantities of each. :)
We however are still lacking LJ's (LJ78) and are hoping some will show this year. In a perfect world we would have at least one example of every model that's currently in the U.S. attend this year's event.

Last edited:
Prep work started late

34D7517B-711D-4F80-AC43-AEAADDDB3DE6.jpeg

We'll have an executive from the "Toyota Land Cruiser Association" joining us at our little get together. :)
He will be the keynote speaker Saturday evening. **

** I made up that part. :)

@Gun Runner 5 Thanks for doing so much work to make this event happen. I can't make it this year, but hope to be there someday.

Just got off the phone with @peterb. He will be leaving Utah on Tuesday. The general plan is for me to pick up my 77 series in Idaho a few days before, goof off in Idaho/Utah/Colorado during that time, and then we meet up in western Kansas Tuesday evening to start knocking back some miles. Anyone else interested in joining along the way? Maybe even just some 70 series people in Utah/Colorado who want to meet up along the way?

ANOTHER REQUEST:
It's been requested that folks post which State they are originating from and which States they plan to travel through for the benefit of traveling as a group with others attending the event.

Just booked the last cabin they had available. I’m going solo so if anybody wants to split the cabin, message me.

Want us to just post that up? Send to you?
Please send it to me. Based on the level of participation, I'll attempt to compile the information into one post.

Last edited:
Just booked the last cabin they had available. I’m going solo so if anybody wants to split the cabin, message me.
You were very lucky. Most of the cabins were booked months ago.

THE LIST SO FAR ........

Nic Cardin ...... Divemedic ...... 77 Series
John Lockwood ...... JMLockwood ...... 77 Series
Rob and Kim Smith ...... Odd Iron Off Road ...... 81 Series
Trey Edwards ...... Tredwards ...... 80 Series
John Bailey ...... 40 Series
Andrew & Tracy ...... AndrewHadji ...... 75 Series (Troopy)
Mike Encinas ...... Bulletsmith ...... 75 Series (Troopy)
Chris Chapas ...... c2dfj45 ...... 79 Series Ute
Nick Ruark ...... Greasemonkeyjp ...... 77 Series
Steve Wharton ...... Warthog ...... 75 Series Ute
Miquel ....... Bulimba ...... HZJ73
Charles Harrell ...... Gun Runner 5 ...... Something with 4 wheels
Sam Houston ...... Elkaholic ...... Jeep Gladiator (just kidding)
Rick Allen ...... Kentex Rick ...... 80 Series
Conan Cameron ...... Barbarian ...... 73 Series
Jorge Villalobos ...... LJ70
Brian Sandman ...... 80 Series
Gary Hernandez ...... HZJ70
R J Randall ...... HZJ73
Bill Hill / Richard Nix ...... Hillbilly Cruiser ...... HZJ73
Peter Brown ...... Peterb ...... HZJ73

Last edited:
We have folks traveling from as far North as Michigan and New Jersey and as far South as Miami and numerous States in between. John is of course traveling from Idaho (he will do almost anything to win the "I traveled the furthest" t-shirt).

As the numbers continue to climb this event is shaping up to be a historical gathering of 70 Series Land Cruisers in one place. Who doesn't want to be part of "history". :)

I’m in the market for a 70, and want to come to this soooo badly. Who all will be going to Expo East in October??

I’m in the market for a 70, and want to come to this soooo badly. Who all will be going to Expo East in October??

I'll be at Expo for sure.

If you want to see a couple of parked 70 Series with roof top tents* then the Expo is the place to be. If you want to see a dozen or more 70 Series in their natural enviornment than the Meet & Greet is the place to be. Consider this your
personal invitation to join us.

*No disrespect intended. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom