Events/Trails Fifth Annual 70 Series Meet and Greet, September 26th - 29th, 2019 Windrock Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Although we should have an adequate number of trail guides, we are still seeking volunteers that have both Windrock and trail guiding knowledge to make sure we have all of the bases covered. If you're willing to help out please drop me a p.m.

Although we should have an adequate number of trail guides, we are still seeking volunteers that have both Windrock and trail guiding knowledge to make sure we have all of the bases covered. If you're willing to help out please drop me a p.m.
@Gun Runner 5 Charles I’m still open to volunteer and be a trail guide. Happy to help with anything else, just let me know.

@Gun Runner 5 Charles I’m still open to volunteer and be a trail guide. Happy to help with anything else, just let me know.
Cole, I was already including you in the "woefully underpaid staff" category. :)

This event is now closing in on being only one month away so if you own a 70 Series or simply have an interest in the Series, it's time to clear your calendar. :)

So who's the western-most attendee of this event? I'm wondering if they could haul @AndrewHadji's roof rack and awning a bit closer to me than it currently resides in NC... 🤣
Just join us. :)

Just join us. :)
This is an obvious solution... and I’d love to. I’m a sucker for long road trips.

But I’ve not accrued nearly enough vacation since moving back to the states and starting a new job. Not to mention the front and rear axle rebuilds needed prior to undertaking a trip like that.

UPDATE:
Now that we are only a few weeks out from the event date I would like to emphasize a few items.
First and foremost this is a social event among owners of 70 Series Land Cruisers and those that might have a future interest in the Series although owning a 70 Series isn't necessary to attend.
Although we routinely spend time during the day on Windrock's numerous trails, trail riding isn't the event's main emphasis. (In other words, joining the group on pre-scouted trails, choosing your own trails or not riding trails at all will be your call).
We plan to gather each evening to share meals and socialize. In previous years we have cooked at one of the cabins, had a local BBQ restaurant cater a meal for us or meet at one of the local restaurants. We'll play this by ear.

Our group plans to leave S.W. Georgia fairly early on Thursday morning (9/26) and at that time I'll post my cell phone number.
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE

We may even have musical entertainment at the evening gatherings. **

** This is of course dependent on someone showing up who actually has musical talent and is willing to entertain us for free. :)

Okay. I’ll be coming to Wind Rock via Idaho. I have acquired another 70 series and (due only to the assistance of some awesome Mud members and vendors) is getting ready for the event. I’ll probably fly to Idaho and start driving the Friday or Saturday before the event. Anyone else potentially along this route want to caravan?

John
I will likely be on your route coming back from Utah. Will you be on I-70?
Peter
2 lawyers traveling together ..... That should trigger an Amber Alert. :)

Okay. I’ll be coming to Wind Rock via Idaho. I have acquired another 70 series and (due only to the assistance of some awesome Mud members and vendors) is getting ready for the event. I’ll probably fly to Idaho and start driving the Friday or Saturday before the event. Anyone else potentially along this route want to caravan?

Are you hitting 70e to 75s?

Not sure. @peterb and I are going to talk next week and figure out a plan.

Pressure is on me now!

I am confident it will make the trip no worries though and be an adventure!

:)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom